Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could I get a little more life out of this if I file it or what will happen if I put new disks in and don't file it ? I'm new to clutches just got bike it's all pretty stock
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Tread

·
Registered
527 Posts
Oh god no lol, Replace it man. I know its a lot of money and those Inner and Outer baskets are not cheap AT ALL I'm on the same page as everyone else I don't understand why the hell they cost so much even in the aftermarket world, but yeah you need to replace those Inner & Outer Baskets! Even if you put new Plates and Frictions in there your clutch will be so hard to pull and be so touchy because the Friction Plates and Steel Plates cannot slide smoothly you may also streatch or break the Clutch Cable.

I have in the past on mine (Only in a pinch!) filed mine to make it work for a weekend or 2 but I DO NOT RECOMENT IT, for 1 it's time consuming and you have to be pretty stedy with a File and 2 it makes more play in the clutch causing you bike to "Jump" when you let the cluctch out.

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,783 Posts
I agree, that basket and inner are done for. You will have a terrible, grabby clutch that will not have smooth engagement. Replace it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts