Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you take of the rear axle? Thouse threads that tighten up the the disc will not come off. I took off the little clip but is there another one. Cuz the threds will not slide off the axle...im ready to beat them. Any input would be appreated

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
you take the ring clip off, and then there is a c-clip right next to the bearing carrier. as soon as you do this the axle will come along with berring carrier.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
There is no 2nd clip - Take a file to the axle where the clip rests --- the edge gets mushroomed from use and you typically have to file it down a bit to get the threaded assembly slide past.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
allright, go to servive honda and click on the 450 parts diagram. on page 76 you will see the 2 clips i am talkin about. One of them is a c-clip next to the bearing carrier and the other is the one that the axle nut butts up to. once you have that one off the thread part will slip off. them the piece that holds the rear brake will come off. then you can pull the axle through the carrier. be sure to be carefull with the seals.

sorry if the origanal post wasnt technical enough.

schmitty

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
With almost 20 years experience working on Honda's rear end design - I'm well aware of the c clip you're talking about that holds the carrier in place in the swingarm.

However - he's not asking how to take the carrier out - he's asking how to take the axle out when the splined, threaded collar won't slide off the axle. If he takes the advise I gave above, his threaded collar will slide right off & he will be able to get his axle out.

If he removes the carrier, he will still have to perform the step I mentioned to remove it from the carrier, he has then only removed an additional part that was unnecessary to remove the axle in the first place.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Alright I am a retard, a total misunderstanding. Sorry 86, if I came off rude. Every time I take my axle out I generally take the rest with it to clean and lube. One thing though you do have to admit now he knows how to take the whole assembly apart now. lol B)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts