Honda TRX 450R banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
466 Posts
I agree. These quads are for riding fun and hard. Maybe you can beat your buddy in the dirt cuz your riding skills are better, versus a straight line race. But iether way have fun bro. It is fun having the fastest machine when riding lol.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks for the help everybody! I’ll probably put a 36tooth rear sprocket on it for the time being and in a few months or so I’ll get the head built, along with a cam and dasa exhaust.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I found a 33 tooth sprocket laying around from a old 300ex it fit up perfectly. I got 79mph. I still have plenty of torque left to do wheelies and being able to putts around in the lower gears. I have a 14/33 gearing. I officially have the fastest quad in my group lol.

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
466 Posts
welcome.

if you want to make more power the trick is to do the following: port head, stage 2 cam, full exhaust. that makes plenty of power for most. I was duning huge bowls in glamis with that set up no issue, were talking pinned 3-4th gear

right now i have a very built 470 kit with ported and polished head, oversized valves, bored carb, web cam, dasa and it MOVES. but its set up for GNCC/harescramble type riding and dunes.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I wanna see this exhaust
Here’s some pictures. The silencer use to be past the grab bar by about and inch . It is not quite as short as a dasa shorty it’s kinda the length of most aftermarket silencers. I cut it because when I was learning to wheelie this quad I could have hit it. this was probably one of the first thing I did to it lol. The paint on it is kinda beat up because when I first installed it I forgot to tighten the bolts all the way and it flew off when I was taking it for a spin down the road🤣. I’m pretty happy with it for now but plan on swapping to a dasa shorty in the near future.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Reactions: Bullvine rider!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

·
Registered
466 Posts
That can be done lol
Ok I’m going to hold you to that. I love to keep my quad on the back tires, I’m getting a little older now so I’m not as trigger happy as I use too. I’ll be looking out for your video bud, be safe

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Ok I’m going to hold you to that. I love to keep my quad on the back tires, I’m getting a little older now so I’m not as trigger happy as I use too. I’ll be looking out for your video bud, be safe
here’s a wheelie video at my buddies track. Not the best wheelie because my tire pressure was off.

·
Registered
466 Posts
here’s a wheelie video at my buddies track. Not the best wheelie because my tire pressure was off.
Nice, looks like a nice track too. Must be nice having a buddy with a track, don’t have to worry about everyone and the mother trying to ride on the same track

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Nice, looks like a nice track too. Must be nice having a buddy with a track, don’t have to worry about everyone and the mother trying to ride on the same track
Yeah it is pretty nice I’ll get a few pictures of it next time I’m over there.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts