Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
465 Posts
I was going to say smaller sprocket in the back too. Not sure about the front tho. Might take away to much out the hole, but I’m no expert. I think the stock sprocket sizes are the same for ltr and trx, if so is it just the EFI that gives the ltr the edge? Or gearing too?

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
465 Posts
I believe with the ltr they have dual cams and are generally built from factory race quads with the nice advantage of a cherry bomb which turns those things into monsters. And I believe the gearing is a 14/37 or something like that it could be a 14/38 too. And the efi probably helps make it faster but the only problem with that is now your quad is a pain in the ass now lmao.
Yes I agree on the pain in the ass part. My Cuzin has one and it wasn’t running right. Ended up being a dirty fuel injector screen. Dude it was a nightmare to get to it, and the holes were so freaking small it was hard to pump anything thru it. Definitely a pain lol. I’m Honda all day.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I agree. These quads are for riding fun and hard. Maybe you can beat your buddy in the dirt cuz your riding skills are better, versus a straight line race. But iether way have fun bro. It is fun having the fastest machine when riding lol.

·
Registered
465 Posts
welcome.

if you want to make more power the trick is to do the following: port head, stage 2 cam, full exhaust. that makes plenty of power for most. I was duning huge bowls in glamis with that set up no issue, were talking pinned 3-4th gear

right now i have a very built 470 kit with ported and polished head, oversized valves, bored carb, web cam, dasa and it MOVES. but its set up for GNCC/harescramble type riding and dunes.

·
Registered
465 Posts
That can be done lol
Ok I’m going to hold you to that. I love to keep my quad on the back tires, I’m getting a little older now so I’m not as trigger happy as I use too. I’ll be looking out for your video bud, be safe

·
Registered
465 Posts
here’s a wheelie video at my buddies track. Not the best wheelie because my tire pressure was off.
Nice, looks like a nice track too. Must be nice having a buddy with a track, don’t have to worry about everyone and the mother trying to ride on the same track

·
Registered
465 Posts
How did he build it? Equipment? Or just riding the track line until it dug in 😆

·
Registered
465 Posts
Can we see a video of you hitting the double now? 😆 just keep sendin videos bud, it’s getting a little boring on here

·
Registered
465 Posts
Crobalex you riding this weekend or what? I have my quad apart. Took off seat fenders , gas tank , & carb. Checking what jet I have and then ordering rebuild kit. No riding for me yet. Hope you’re out at you buddies track?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Not really, I should have it apart, jetting/pilot written down, put back together and already placing shindy rebuild kit order . But I’m king of procrastination lol. But thanks it’s getting there. As far as the motor mods, I haven’t found a place to bring it yet. My mechanic is too busy right now and there’s a long lead time. But I’m going to be doing port polish, valve job, boyesen quick shot, ceramic piston, higher compression. And a few other things. NO BB kit tho. Keeping stock bore for longevity. I’m also going to strip it down as much as possible to the frame, need to do some sanding and painting at areas that are peeling, rusting etc. I’ll keep it posted. Don’t work too hard, tell your boss you need some PTO, get out there and ride!! Lol. Have fun. Live to ride and ride to live.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yea that’s what I’m going to do. She is 17 years old, and all the welds and frame connections are showing it. I do plan on keeping this one much longer than any in the past. This is my 3rd 450. Fist two were 05,s before that I had a 660 raptor (piece of junk) and before that 400ex (first quad) and before that was strictly dirt bikes. But once I get this one where I want it, it’ll be a long time coming, since they came out with the 450 models in 04 I had a vision of what I wanted. And this one is getting there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts