Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I was going to say smaller sprocket in the back too. Not sure about the front tho. Might take away to much out the hole, but I’m no expert. I think the stock sprocket sizes are the same for ltr and trx, if so is it just the EFI that gives the ltr the edge? Or gearing too?
I believe with the ltr they have dual cams and are generally built from factory race quads with the nice advantage of a cherry bomb which turns those things into monsters. And I believe the gearing is a 14/37 or something like that it could be a 14/38 too. And the efi probably helps make it faster but the only problem with that is now your quad is a pain in the ass now lmao.

·
Registered
146 Posts
For sprockets a bigger sprocket in the front makes it faster and a smaller sprocket in the front will make it slower and more torque. For rear the smaller the sprocket the faster it will go and the larger the sprocket the slower and more torque it will have.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes I agree on the pain in the ass part. My Cuzin has one and it wasn’t running right. Ended up being a dirty fuel injector screen. Dude it was a nightmare to get to it, and the holes were so freaking small it was hard to pump anything thru it. Definitely a pain lol. I’m Honda all day.
Yeah I also have a buddy with one too let’s just say it doesn’t currently run

1 - 3 of 3 Posts