Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stock 450r too tall in first i put a 13 t on front an it to low would like to find an in between of the too.. if i drop 1 tooth on front what is that like doing to the back one an vesa versa..

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
1 tooth in front = 3 teeth in back B)

·
Registered
733 Posts
i just tried a 13t front yesterday for the first time and thought that 1st gear was useless. just my opinion.
could be because of my other mods though.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I run 14/39 also, I tried the 13t sprocket but like many others I didn't really like it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I love my 13T. It seems better in mixed trails where you might be in some tight spots or have to creep around a little. Good hole shots too. I thought with the 14T 5 gear was flat and took forever to pull. Know it pulls stronger from bottom to top. IMO

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
It mmakes about a 1/3 of the difference the 13t did, which was plenty for me.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i bought a 42 for the rear hoping for some real torque but its too big, it hits my stock skid. ill have to see if it hits my prm,plus my chain isnt long enough ill try a 39 or 40 -_-

·
Registered
25 Posts
What brand and material of sprockets did you guys use on rear? I see steel sprockets on e-bay but isnt aluminum factory on 450r. Also can you use stock chain with 39 teeth?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by biggie@Jul 24 2004, 10:06 PM
stock 450r too tall in first i put a 13 t on front an it to low would like to find an in between of the too.. if i drop 1 tooth on front what is that like doing to the back one an vesa versa..
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12236
[/quote]
I DROPPED 1 TOOTH IN FRONT,AND GAINED 2 TEETH IN THE REAR.DIDN'T LIKE IT AT ALL.IT TOOK TO MUCH OF THE R'S TRUE POWER FROM THE MOTOR.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like the 13/38 in the woods so far....Don't forget that the smaller front sprocket will cause more chain wear. Not sure how much more though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts