Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heah guys new to this forum i have an 05 model trx very trick bike everything is aftermarket except fuel tank an engine... I used to have a ltr suzuki so i jumped ship to a TRX Very happy with it... I race Motocross my practice track is soft deep sand my gearing is 14th front sprocket and a rear 38tooth i find myself alot of the time in 1st and 2nd a few times the bike bogs in the sand if i try to corner in 2nd on my ltr i was able to corner in 2nd and get third nobother does anyone have any ideas to whats wrong??? Or is this the way trx is in the gear box??

My bike has a full Micron exhausr system aluminium airbox larger air filter and a Dynatek digital ignition with 4 curves...

Any help gratefully appreciated.. Cheers guys

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
w/o changing anything else...

and given your riding style...

I would spend $15 and buy a 13t front gear....or borrow one from a friend.......

see how she feels with that.......jmho.....

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers lad yeah looks like am going to have to try that lol..

Yeah i forgot to mention engine mods in full hot cam head work different valves wiseco piston and gearbox work i thought with all these mods the bike could of been more than capable of pulling the sprockets what gearing do you usually run for hard and soft conditions??

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
w/o changing anything else...

and given your riding style...

I would spend $15 and buy a 13t front gear....or borrow one from a friend.......

see how she feels with that.......jmho.....[/b]

defiantly agree everytime i go to the MX track i throw a 13t front on it very cheap and responds very well to the change

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
dont forget to report back and let us know how it worked.....if she still doesnt feel right..... it might be another issue..... at any rate...... the more info...the better for everyone....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts