Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some cleaning on my bike the other day when i took off a bunch of parts including the headpipe and muffler. When my buddy and I went to put it back on, a gray lead like substance seemed to break off of either the end of the header or inside of the muffler. Is it some kind of gasket, or what? How bad is it that it is off for now. Everything is stock so any help would be cool.

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
its hard to say w/o pics......

it could be some portion of the crush gasket....or maybe pieces of ceramic coating either inside or outside your pipe, etc....

if it were me...I would simply make sure there are no other pieces stuck in the header gasket area of either the head or the pipe...... maybe shake the pipe a bit and make sure nothing is inside of it...... then replace with NEW crush gasket......

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Did everyone miss where he said it came off where the header joins the muffler?

That would be the lead gasket that seals those two pieces. PN: 18392-MK4-000 About 8 bucks from Honda

As far as running without it, I'm sure you would be fine. Probably just suffer from a small exhaust leak depending on how much material was lost.

·
Registered
11,022 Posts

That would be the lead gasket that seals those two pieces. PN: 18392-MK4-000 About 8 bucks from Honda

As far as running without it, I'm sure you would be fine. Probably just suffer from a small exhaust leak depending on how much material was lost.[/b]

bingo

·
Registered
3,765 Posts

As far as running without it, I'm sure you would be fine. Probably just suffer from a small exhaust leak depending on how much material was lost.[/b]

bingo
[/b]
Was his name oh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts