Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the risk of making myself look like the biggest dumb a$$ ever to throw a leg over a Honda I figured I'd tell you guys about a little mistake I made.

Approx. 2 months ago I needed to adjust my air screw so I loosened the front and rear brakets securing the carb to the intake and airbox hoses. I loosened them enough just to turn the carb, and then did what i needed to do and tightened them up. Bike ran ok, but I was running a 195 with air screw out 4.5 turns and it still didn't seem quite right. So i took a closer look at the bike, seems that the front Clamp holding the front of the carb to the hose conecting it to the head somehow came off the little tit and was actually clamped only around the hose. So pretty much my front clamp was not on. Refastened it and now I'm running 185 2.5 turns out and the bike runs much better - duh!

Just wanted to let you guys know, cus I know a lot of guys are putting on pipes and need to re jet. With a new bike you don't always know were everything is supposed to go and when working on it for the first time you may not realize something shifted or slid. Especially on this part cus when the clamp slides down, it appears like it is still in the correct position. There are rails on the inner and outer of both clamps on the front. The space between the rails is the exact same size as the clamp which makes it look like it is seated properly. The tit is what gave it away for me.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Wrong forum. This is for site suggestions and comments.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Good post!
When I put the DS intake on my new FCR40 carb, I took off and it was awesome, I got to a dune adn it died.I looked down, and the whole air filter/intake was hanging by the zip tye I had for safety ( I have lost a filter before). I forgot to tighten the clamp.
Little things get over looked. I have been making a very nice notebook, with notes for everything I ever do, I am trying very hard to take it out and follow th setp by step on everything from changing sprockets to jets. Makes is alot harder to forget to tighten things.

·
Registered
854 Posts
4.5 turns out on the fuel screw lmao
they posted this in 04 which means they had to buy it brand new.
does no one read the manuals anymore?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts