Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
06 HRC cam new piston rings crank shaft cam chain sparks full exhaust uni filter many more bolt ons!
1,194 Posts
Could you leave the wire on thermostat and slice one off that wire to a ground with a switch? That way you have both? A switch and a thermostat? Thermostat will kick on automatically when hot, if switch is off? Is that possible?

· Registered
06 HRC cam new piston rings crank shaft cam chain sparks full exhaust uni filter many more bolt ons!
1,194 Posts
That's the way I wired mine, and works perfect!
Thats the best way to do it in my opinion. Im going to do it to my quad. I know its easy but I may have questions while i do it. Stand by please.

· Registered
2006 Honda trx450er
238 Posts
Could you leave the wire on thermostat and slice one off that wire to a ground with a switch? That way you have both? A switch and a thermostat? Thermostat will kick on automatically when hot, if switch is off? Is that possible?
I did that but instead of switch I put a plug in the wire so I can have it off when needed( haven’t needed to yet ) although a switch is a good idea. I have mine running full time when riding.

· Registered
21 Posts
If you splice at the thermostat signal, the rocker switch will be FAN ON continuous on one side and THERMO SIGNAL will be the other. So yes the fan will always run or the thermostat will trigger it.

· Registered
1,194 Posts
If you splice at the thermostat signal, the rocker switch will be FAN ON continuous on one side and THERMO SIGNAL will be the other. So yes the fan will always run or the thermostat will trigger it.
Right. So if my switch is off (fan not running)?
And for some reason the motor goes over the 235 degree F (I believe is the temp signal) then the fan will kick on automatically correct? Best of both worlds right?
Sorry im a little slow.

· Registered
1,194 Posts
You just answered my question with the post before 😂 which is yes both worlds. Thanks, you dont have to answer it again. Like i said slow, strong back weak mind.
I know its hard to over heat these motors but im still learning how to dial in the A/F mixture, and i may still be running lean. Even tho there seems to be no symptoms of it.
130 main 50 pilot, 75 starter leak unknown.
No popping or back firing, starts right up (WITH CHOKE) plus its garaged. Header pipe not glowing, great throttle response thru out. And idles fine.
But im still skeptical with the 130 main!!! Yes i have sparks full exhaust & uni filter in aluminum box with lid the tapers open on the sides. But thats what the shop put in for jets. So im going to do what i can to keep the motor cool. I.e fan running while riding.
Ive ordered an array of keihin jets 150-180 mains, 42-55pilots. But im not sure on the leak jets? Any advice? Then im going to take the 5 or more hours to tune my quad right, or what i think is right. And get to know how she runs.

· Registered
1,194 Posts
I may just bring it to a dyno 😂. I just dont know who’s actually good around my area. My 05,s were so much simpler, never had to touch the carbs. And i dont want to be THAT GUY thats on here constantly complaining i cant tune a little carburetor. So im going to just play with the jets (to what ive learned on this site) and get it dialed in.

· Registered
1,194 Posts
Sorry Mswink5019! Didnt mean to highjack your thread! I believe the answer to your question is yes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts