Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so I just purchased a new Primary Drive sprocket and chain combo. I have a question about the front sprocket. The old one has a sort of seal on both sides of it but the new one from Primary Drive does not. The service manual doesn't show or mention anything of any seals for the sprocket. After doing a quick eBay search I see there are some seal kits for the front socket. Are they needed/mandatory? Although its worn out, the old seal doesn't look like it did much. Here are a few pictures of the old and new

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,251 Posts
Never seen a sprocket with seals on it like that. No idea what machine that is for. Just install the new sprocket with the large Washer and bolt. The seal kits that you see are the seals for the countershaft that gets installed in the left case, the d-ring seal that gets installed on the countershaft under the collar, and the collar. Just make sure to order a new sprocket now and hopefully it arrives before that primary drive sprocket wears out. . . . .

·
Truck Yea
5,457 Posts
FWIW I too never have seen such a sprocket. I have ran plenty of primary drive sprockets no issue. Install the front the same way, the side with the cut out goes on the inside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts