Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just on EXRiders.com and noticed someone talking about their 450R frame being cracked and then another person also had theirs cracked. I just figured I would throw this thread out so everyone is aware and can check their quads. Heres the link. BTW, if any mods have a problem with me linking to another board then please feel free to delete this post and send me a PM.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I haven't heard or seen any R frames cracking but that's 2 cases there. There's always frame crackign cases on all quads except for the C'Dales. I've seen over a dozen cracked YFZ frames myself already. You ride hard or wreck, you pay the price.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's a small defect that wil happen, but only on a small # of quads

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by hondaman_450r@Jul 21 2004, 05:11 PM
It's a small defect that wil happen, but only on a small # of quads
You think? Look how long it took to fix the KFX/Z400 frames. I dont think it is just a small batch, I would think it is safe to assume that we are all at risk of cracking. On that same note I agree that if you push ANY 4 wheeler (including C'dales) hard enough there will be frame damage down the road. For what they are we are asking ALOT out of these frames. IMO I think the DS650 has the best frame design since it uses 1 bar bent to form the frame instead of multiple tubes welded at each joint. I cant say I have ever seen a C'dale up close though but just my opinion. Be safe out there guys!

·
Registered
593 Posts
About the only good thing about the dale was the frame. They are nearly bullet proof although somedays I wouldn't mind literaly putting a few holes in it!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yeah one of the nicer things about the Cdale was the frame, a few seasons of MX and you didnt have to even worry about it. My engine rail motor mounts cracked after a season though. I Just wish the engine lasted as long as the frame :lol: But I rode my 450r for about 15 minutes before I tore it down to the frame, to get it setup for MX. I hope my frame holds up, since it had no previous pounding and will be used only with Long travel suspension. It will be interesting to see if it holds up. Rest assured I will keep Yall posted. :wacko:

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
a new front frame from honda isnt even that expensive..they are only like $430 from servicehonda.com+shipping..so they are like $500....mine is bent I think & ill prob. have to order a new one...this time before I put it on I am going to gusset it & maybe a powdercoat? what color should I get?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Who's cares if your doing it to something you love. My mado is
I would rather live rich than die rich!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just told the Honda shop to order my black plastics as soon as they can get them! Black is beautiful! B)

·
Registered
234 Posts
well i know mine is craked in a couple spots. the subframe is also cracked right where it bolts to the frame. im sure once i take it apart i'll find more.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Originally posted by desertratt13@Jul 22 2004, 09:20 PM
well i know mine is craked in a couple spots. the subframe is also cracked right where it bolts to the frame. im sure once i take it apart i'll find more.
take it where you bought it from & demand a new one...b4 you put the new one on gusset it & powdercoat it

·
Registered
39 Posts
ok guys here is a little under the table info for you. 2006 honda 450r will have a new and redesinged frame. stronger and better. even gusseted it will still brake mine has as well as alot of the guys i race with. i have talked with several different big companys on this and this is what i was told. the geomatry of the frame will not change basicly the same just better quality.

·
Registered
733 Posts
how can the quality improve? do you think that honda skimped on the original frame material/design? this would surprise me.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Mid,
Where and who did you get this info from? Could it be just speculation or is it from solid sources?

schmizzle

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Originally posted by 86atc250r@Aug 8 2004, 10:29 AM
You're expecting Honda to pay to replace a frame you damaged in a crash? Good luck.
yah...they said for me to come back & we can talk some numbers...so I go back yesterday & say im back to talk about those numbers & he said "oh yes, the part numbers"...I left

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Don't you think it's a bit cheezy to ask for the manufacturer to pay for something broken by your own negligence?

Put yourself in a manufacturer's shoes. Let's say you build custom cars. Someone buys one that you spent a ton of time on, gets drunk and crashes it. Then he comes back to your shop demanding *you* fix it for free.

Do you see a problem with that?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts