Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone seen a set of these things yet, just by reading on there web site, well it seems like springs might be a thing of the past.just wanting to know what everbody thinks . because i know that there are alot of you that know more about this than me. 2.8lb a shock. wow thats light.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I seen them in the new dirt wheels...they look pretty sweet...there r on my xlt580 polaris and i never had a problem with them...i like them alot..might get sum for muh 450r

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I would definately like to try them out.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I would like to hear from people who are actually using these racing, they look good, but when you check there application guide for the EX's and for the YFZ (nothing listed for the "R" yet), they do not have any compression or rebound adjustments on them. Maybe they are not needed with the air shocks :huh:

·
Registered
321 Posts
almost all of the ajustments are done by air pressure, they give you a little pump thingy and it doesn't take very long to reayy tweak them. you can have one psi for fast/' slow, or maybe like mx, xc, or just trails, dunes, alot of other poop too. I {read that alot ov people use them for their weight savings not jhust that they are infinatly ajustable. they really seem like a great product.

and for thos who are worried bout totally bottoming them out if u got the pressure too low u shouldn't worry 'bout it 'cus they got springs in the very bottom.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I had fox shocks on my sled and they were the best for the snomobiles. But, I wouldn't even think about putting them on my quad until they are proven (allot).
Until then, I will stick with my Elka's!

·
Registered
986 Posts
i'm going to wait and see how they pan out over some time, but i'm very interested in them. i think i'll just have my stockers revalved for know

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
They are like 895 retail, jeff stoess, the factory backed pro ATK rider who won the sparta gncc this year said that they are ok but to save your money and get some elkas instead.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The quad and sled ones are totally different, he is talking about the ones with no springs at all (I think). sleds still have springs on them.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by Kybol@Jun 25 2004, 05:59 PM
The quad and sled ones are totally different, he is talking about the ones with no springs at all (I think).  sleds still have springs on them.
If you are referring to my post, jeff was referring to the ones that go on quads, not snowmobiles. this question was asked in another ATV specific forum and thats the anwser he gave.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I race mountain bikes, and Fox is THE shock of choice on the downhill circuits. I've had a few bikes with their shocks and never one problem. The mountain bike shocks get pumped up to a maximum of 160-180 psi. I think these ATV shocks only need something like 40-50 psi. Most all mountain bikes used coil sprung shocks 5 years ago. Now almost all the high end bikes use air. They are much lighter and infinitely adjustable.

But I won't be selling my Elka's anytime soon.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Originally posted by Outlwd@Jul 7 2004, 09:17 PM
I race mountain bikes, and Fox is THE shock of choice on the downhill circuits. I've had a few bikes with their shocks and never one problem. The mountain bike shocks get pumped up to a maximum of 160-180 psi. I think these ATV shocks only need something like 40-50 psi.  Most all mountain bikes used coil sprung shocks 5 years ago. Now almost all the high end bikes use air. They are much lighter and infinitely adjustable.

But I won't be selling my Elka's anytime soon.
Ive seen some of those shocks on bicycles. They were so cool looking, they had piggyback resiviors and one had a remote ressie, very nice shocks.

·
Registered
315 Posts
They are pretty sweet, that's for sure. Build quality is excellent and they even have a little lever to lock out the shock's movement all together. I don't think we would need that option on ATV shocks though.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm pretty sure the rezi's are only on the coilover shocks, and not on the air shocks.

·
Registered
314 Posts
BTW Guys, the same "air" shocks were developed by Fox for 4x4 trucks and I read a review on a buggy that was using them and he really liked them. Here is a link to the review http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/PR-Airshox/ and you can see what everyone is talking about the "spring" inside. Anyway I may try these fox air shocks when I need to move up from stock.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Lason, make sure you post if you buy a set.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Will do, the only thing is I have never run Elka's or Work's shocks so I woundnt have anything to compare them to but we'll see.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Originally posted by Lason@Jul 15 2004, 07:17 AM
Will do, the only thing is I have never run Elka's or Work's shocks so I woundnt have anything to compare them to but we'll see.
& that seems to be what everyone is running these days

1 - 20 of 21 Posts