Honda TRX 450R banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
cmrc is hurtin for quads to even show up to race out this way. need 4 to show for payouts for top 3. we have had to get dirtybikes also just for lack of quad racers.

sat night was a private event,(not cmrc) free entry for racers and 1 pit crew.
19 quad riders showed, 200 bucks for first and pays to 5th.

liking your drive gboezio, keep it up

·
Banned!
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
cmrc is hurtin for quads to even show up to race out this way. need 4 to show for payouts for top 3. we have had to get dirtybikes also just for lack of quad racers.
Ya closest CMRC event from me is a 7-8 hour drive up near lake huron and lake erie, I'm bordering quebec and NY.

I built my quad for the MMRS series Eastern Ontario series and then they scrapped the quads from the series so I've been just hopping from series to series doing the closest venues. The FMSQ race on the 30th is only 80km from my house :sweatingbullets:

XC seems to be the next thing for quads..

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
xc, not here. i tried to get quads added to the xc series here. nono there will be no quads they said, its mostly single track through the woods. this was when i grabbed another dirtbike.

you guys are lucky to have choices to race, its getting hard to race around here. but i still love the country life

·
Banned!
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
looks like Victoriaville will be out of the question too.. Have all of the parts for my 450 but haven't had time to even pull the engine.. Getting more confident on my CRF though, I may be ready for competition as early as the spring on it

Hows your summer been goign Gboezio?? Ready for victoriaville?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
looks like Victoriaville will be out of the question too.. Have all of the parts for my 450 but haven't had time to even pull the engine.. Getting more confident on my CRF though, I may be ready for competition as early as the spring on it

Hows your summer been goign Gboezio?? Ready for victoriaville?
Yes, I was sort of ready, finished 9th on 15, bike has newfound power, but I made an adjustment on the rear shock and made things worse, hurt my back a little and walked the week after like if I had swallowed a 2x4 by accident.
This is by far the best track they made ever, awesome grass track, lots of woods and a super fast straight (85km/h+)

I may stay away from two wheels for a bit, I have tried a CRF150 on the grass after a few Heinekens and managed to mess my thumb, a finger an to open a gash on my leg.

La Tuque this week end, I will try to get there...

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Yes I will, still fixing my quad, I had 2 flats on the right side and kept racing my last lap, clipped a tree and went off the track kissing more trees lol, ditched on the side almost fell on the river, then some bystanders helped me to pull it out, finished my lap
Bent bumper, rims got two fronts holeshot GNCC on the way.
I fabbed up a nice bead breaker so I can swap tires myself.
Don't worry about the shape, faster riders will seep trough by the second turn you'll be on your own racing against yourself.
There are two 4x4 racing with us now and they are very competitive.

Victoriaville was fun, heck of a grasstrack like always, fast paced woods

·
Banned!
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Looks like you're kicking some ass on that '08!

My dilemma is I have 3-4 guys on bikes that want to race on Sunday, so I can race with them Sunday or make the trip on Saturday and be the only one from our group to race the ATVs.. Still considering trying and race Saturday and Sunday but I don't think thats physically possible, haha.

Just have to repack my exhaust and switch to XC tires and my 450 is ready to rock.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Well if you are in good shape and keep it sane it should be possible, you need to carefully tape your hands to prevent blisters.
You have all the night to recover, easy enough lol

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Even more reasons to give the 450R a beating lol
Doing both is the only way to know if you can handle it
I'll buy a case of Heineken !! One of the racers live 2 min away from the track and is taking a few racers to his place after the race and the after race lol

·
Banned!
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Haha you're starting to speak my language!

I started working on the 450 a little.. it was filthy. Last time I rode it was over a month ago when I crashed at my buddies track. I put it away dirty and never really bothered until I started talking about doing the Franklin race.

I was at Franklin on my bike a few weeks ago and rode the enduro track.. it's tougher than I remember, but then again I was inching along in first gear on the CRF.. took me 20 minutes to do the little portion that they have open full time haha..

I have to change the oil, repack the exhaust, clean my air filter, swap the MX tires out for the XC tires and do a quick check but other than that I should be good to go

Attachments

41 - 52 of 52 Posts