Honda TRX 450R banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I wish I had one of those wicked turns shots taken, I doubt they were half impressive as the ones of the pros, I really wonder where they get the power to lay down that low and back again. Oh well I have room for improvement.
I still walk like I have two wodden legs !!

Temp was 19°C so heat was not an issue, mudholes were drained, still enough moisture no dust at all. Many bystander yelling at us to keep up ;)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I could have sworn I was 11th, just checked and I'm 12th on 18, maybe they corrected someone else time, oh well, I'll be training harder !!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Went for the Tring Jonction race and holy mechanical butchery...
I have totally missed my start, then there was like three cluster f*ck in the first five minutes, then I made one, took two track dudes to unsrew me from my misery.
Soo I was three or four minutes behind the girls and the 4x4 dude, very last, pretty tired from the pulling and hardly recovering my breath so I freakin gave all I had left until about close to the finish, there were officials in spots telling us to slow down in the only straight and not so rough line, I was like:"hey what do you want, I try to have fun here !!", so I did slow down some, and then I wish I have slowed down even more...then it happened again..
I had a blast on the jumps tough they were not too highand smooth, but I could not sit, never ever !! Freaky sounds came from under the quad rocks everywhere, I was landing heavily, but at least material removed from the quad is weight reduction...right ?!?
At this point I was breatty beated up and scared from my many mistakes, behond safety I'd say, the thought of giving this one up was definitely wandering in my head and there was that kid standing with his father thumb up, went out for a bit in my head, looked like a good boy and I wanted to do at least another turn to wave back at him, then started to think how I would feel if I gave up, it became not an option.
Turns after turns the energy came back, got stuck avoiding a wreck, kept cool, first gear trough sh*t, waved back at the kid, the trail became littered with disabled quads and burnt riders quited the race, but I had no idea.
Last turn the kid got lazy and I yelled him HEEEYY, he turned around and gave me the thumb, his father cracked up laughing. prolly made my day.
I thought that at least I have finished even if it's to be the last and I got surprised,
ended up 8 th on 14 unless they missed a transponder like last race.

Riders were nice, never I followed someone that did not pull over and I have myself let go anyone that came behind ASAP.
I'm getting into the sport slowly haha !! I'm addicted and my girlfreind thinks that I'm nuts.

·
Banned!
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Haha that sounds awesome! What's the deal with La Peche? And I think they're having a round at X-Town now too

I've been plagued with one mechanical issue after another this year, I'm beyond discouraged.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
X town is the Aug 16 so very soon, I will very probably be there.
My bike runs like a champ, need more tweaking on the front (scrub radius) to go even faster.
Are your bike in a running condition ??

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
You may have to come see me lol

Weak spark ?? May flame out in the cylinder. Does it pull start ??

·
Banned!
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Last time it was out was when it started acting up.. wanted to die when I let off the throttle and eventually died going into a corner.

Took the tehter off and it improved the spark but it's still bot firing.. :(:

Picked up a CRF250 that i've been working on and finally get to take it to the track for the first time this week.. Now I can make the 450 my #1 proprity again.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
sounds like a damaged stator, low rpm kills the spark, try measuring the exciter coil circuit,7 ohms low 34 ohms high.

I have all that's needed to test the stator, I even have rewinded mine, still holds :)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
X town lol, I found it awesome, got stuck twice in the mud once in a groove, still finished 8 th, ran with the rad clogged badly, max temp I have registered was 141°C (285°F), but I have still passed most of the others in the muddy part, those jumps were fun, I would do it again lol
I have made hand guards of cardboard, they held the whole race, but when I got stuck in 2nd turn I covered my gloves in mud, night and day difference.

·
Banned!
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Haha I saw the pictures! that looked brutal!

Did they have the pro track or the intermediate track as part of the course? I'm hoping to be good to go by Ormstown.. this has been a really shitty summer so far for me :(

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I hear you ! That would be nice if you get to Ormstown, what's the problem, fixed ??
They had all 3 tracks and a lot of grass tracks, the one closer to A15 turned in a mud pit due to all week downpour, but I don't do bad in the mud.
I even start to dig jumps...

·
Banned!
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Nice! I saw a lot of pics of people stuck, you did pretty **** good by the sounds of it!

I have my engine apart now.. found a **** load of plastic in the crank case. :cry:

I had just started working on my new-to-me CRF when my 450 **** the bed so I'm only getting around to it now after finally finishing the CRF. I really want to make it to Ormstown, but we'll see :(: this summer has been my worst yet for mechanical issues by FAR

CRF :)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I have my engine apart now.. found a **** load of plastic in the crank case. :cry:
Wow, that sucks, got to be the cam chain guide that got eaten, or stator parts.
As long as no other parts were damaged, it should be pretty straightforward.

Your CRF looks awesome, I'm still debating with myself if I should get one or not, way more ways to get hurt, but a whole lot of fun !!
Will you take it out on a FMSQ race, like a full week end lol ?!

·
Banned!
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Yah I figure it's the cam chain guide.. still shifts through all the gears fine and I havent found any metal or aluminum yet. Shouldn't be too intensive of a fix but I'm not sure If i'll be ready for the 30th or not.

Riding both days is the ultimate goal! All of the quad guys in the area are too afraid to race the big events so I'm getting into bikes too. There are a few MX somewhat local series that don't allow quads at all that I've been wanting to hit for a while now.. and I've got some family that wants to race with me but they are all on bikes and would race the opposite day of me so at least this way I'll have options.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
You make some seriously good points, most of my freinds are riding bikes, but I don't think I'm good enough to ride an enduro race, I would have to practice a heck of a lot, but I ride bikes since I'm 16, had a CR125 before and ride my buddy's bikes.

Since it's the black one, it bolts from the stator cover, at least you don't have to take the head off to change the white one

·
Banned!
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
You make some seriously good points, most of my freinds are riding bikes, but I don't think I'm good enough to ride an enduro race, I would have to practice a heck of a lot, but I ride bikes since I'm 16, had a CR125 before and ride my buddy's bikes.
Haha you're already probably MUCH better than I am on a dirtbike. I'm a total noob :sweatingbullets: Actually high sided pretty good last night on my cousin's little MX track lol.

I'm not ready yet for any kind of bike racing, hopefully next year I'll be able to do the beginners MX local series on the bike and race the FMSQ XC series on the quad

21 - 40 of 52 Posts