Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned!
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who's all going out this year?

I was out for Franklin on May 4th but had bad luch and snapped a valve. on my first lap. (hence my new 3 valve design :):)

Venue Date
Franklin May 3-4
St. Veronique May 31-1
Chesterville June 21-22
Granby July 5-6
Tring Jonction Aug. 2-3
La Peche Aug 16-17
Ormstown Aug 30-1
Victoriaville Sept 27-28 (pitt stop to drink all of gboezio's beer :beer:)
Octane Parc Sept 27-28
La Guadeloupe Oct 11-13

I am for sure doing Ormstown, Granby, La Peche and hopefully Victoriaville & Chesterville. Let me know if anyone else plans on doing any of these!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Me me, will be in the 21th June race if I'm not sent up North for too long, Chesterville is Victoriaville, it's the same farm, so you will be drinking all my beer twice lol Been training hard those days, got blisters on my hands, I'm trying to jump more, and I'm on the edge of liking it, I used to hate jumps, snowboard memories maybe. I have increased my vascular capacity from my lazy winter by leaving the trail wood that I prefer for MX training, got to fix my flaws, but I just aim for the middle of the pack.

·
Banned!
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I didn't even kniow they were the same hah.. I knew they were close to each other.. I can drink your beer twice, I'm a good sport like that haha.

Irwin Supply is from my hometown and sponsor the series and everyime I talk to them about it they always praise Victoriaville as the best track on the circuit because of the natural elevation changes and MX section.. I really want to do both but I'm about 3.5 hours away so we'll see

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
There is two tracks, it's the farm of #2 Chainé dirbike racer.
Last year we did the grasstrack with the big MX section in June, in September it was another track with bridges over river and as much elevation changes overall smoother but it was after the mother of all the rain weeks. Not much MX.
My homemade suspension is ready to kick asses (not mine tough), so I sould not be humiliated this year, I do this all for the fun of the sport, but I got stuck everywhere. My rebuilt engine is pulling like a train, I thought of adding a spare valve since there is no 3 valves category this year ;)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Are you coming Saturday ?? Got number 281 in Junior class, would be nice to snap a few fenders lol !!

·
Banned!
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I wish I was.. I'm still not back together from that mishap in Franklin.. took me 4 weeks to get the part. I'm pretty bummed out about it I'm not going to lie.. I could race one of my stock bikes lol my body might hate me after though

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I'll make you a custom suspension haha !!
Well I will see how it does, I have taken a lot of high speed damping and it's edgy on a MX track I bottom all the time, but on the roots it's flying over. I'll be passing people on the woods and they will pass me back on the grass track with their wider front. Will be fun anyway !!

·
Banned!
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll make you a custom suspension haha !!
Well I will see how it does, I have taken a lot of high speed damping and it's edgy on a MX track I bottom all the time, but on the roots it's flying over. I'll be passing people on the woods and they will pass me back on the grass track with their wider front. Will be fun anyway !!
I'm so dissapointed my engine isn't ready.. Everyone always raves about how good the tracks are in Victoriaville.. How do you feel about Granby on July 5th??

·
Banned!
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So.... what prices do you get on beer chronic?? Maybe you should ship that too in your next mass shipment to the bush?
Ontario is expensive, about 40 bucks a 24 for the big box companies.. but I really only drink local craft which is pretty spendy (big fan or Okanagan, bigbie and big rock for west coast craft)

Or 18 packs from NY for $12
or the 60 pack of coors I get from Quebec for 60 bucks for parties lol..

Sure beats the 40 bucks a case for labatt/molson in Ontario lol.. every time I go to NY I get a 12 or 18 pack so I don't have to pay duty.. I have 6-7 different beer in my fridge at all times :cheers:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Best deal I can get is to go to Alberta Costco and get a 60 pack of Canadian for 80. Or 88? I dunno.. Plus fees tho I'm sure.

A 24 is 46 bucks or so here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Heineiken : 34 $ reg, but if you watch and pile up a few 24 $, a buck a beer sounds good !!
Yes those tracks are awesome, but I haven't been anywhere else lol I'll see how it's going family wise, just resumed working, but be sure that if there's a last minute opportunity, I'll take it !!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Finished 11/18 in 6 laps in the Junior, my body is the bottleneck now.
I have hit a stump and a tree, flattened one of my frame lower tube.
It was awesome. but I barely can walk now, muscle sore is horrible lol
The track was perfect

·
Banned!
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm pisseed I missed it.. I got my engine back at 9:00 PM on friday, there was no way I was going to get it bolted in, checked, packed up and be in Chesterville for 9:00am on Saturday lol.

11/18 aint too shabby! You'd better get rested up for Granby July 5th!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I'm pisseed I missed it.. I got my engine back at 9:00 PM on friday, there was no way I was going to get it bolted in, checked, packed up and be in Chesterville for 9:00am on Saturday lol.

11/18 aint too shabby! You'd better get rested up for Granby July 5th!
**** that's late, I wish I could have helped I was bored friday evening
Bad news ...Granby is cancelled check the FMSQ facebook page...well maybe I'll heal up and be up for the next race lol Well, I can go downstairs now

I watched my GoPro vid and I could have gone so much faster to at least gain the 7-8 minutes seperating me from the junior leader if I had some stamina left but the fatigue weight on my legs and arms crushed me down. I also took the Holeshyt, engine farted and fired up 7-8 seconds late, well 5 turns I was pushing them again, not good at passing, I wait for them to die to pass them, too much of a nice guy.
I had a pro ramming my arse 4-5 times while there was enough room to pass beside me, his mistake I was trying to find neutral and was loosing my grips each times, result, it took 3-4 x the time to fire up and GTFO

I was very surprised not to get passed much on the grasstrack, and I'm really taking the turns differently since I'm not quite following the tracks, not sure if I do it right, not pushing the rear much.
I'll edit my video and post it here.

To cheer you up, the track we did was the last year september track, now they are working on another track that should be awesome, like always !!

·
Banned!
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
aw why is Granby cancelled?! That means the next one isn't until August 2nd @ tring jonction. I don't know if I'll be able to do that one, but La Peche on August 16th and Ormstown on the 30th are for sure on my to do list.

You need some safety wire on those grips!

Post the vid, I want to see what I missed :cry:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
It's in my hometown Victoriaville, Québec, it's part of the Provincial Endurocross Championship of the FMSQ

1 - 20 of 52 Posts