Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I get that flywheel off?

Well, I blew 38.00 bucks for a crf flywheel puller only to find out it is to small. I should have measured it first, oh well. From what I can tell is, the threads on the TRX flywheel are 28mm.But there dosnt seem to be a puller available in that size. Is there a trick to getting it off without buying the special tool? If not does any one know where I can find the proper tool. Or are my measurements off?

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
986 Posts
try trail tech i know they had a flywheel and puller in the works so id try them

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
yep, trailtech has one, just give them a call. I think there site is www.trailtech.net

Why are you pulling the flywheel? Do you have a different one for it? if so where did you get it from and how much was it? Thanks :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I had an "issue" with my cam chain when I put my big bore kit in. What happened was a fluke thing, but I managed to get the chain to bind two links together. I did get the chain unbound and the motor back together. But once that happens to the chain. Its strength has been compromised and needs replaced.
I hope that made sense.

I will explained it a little better.
If you were to take the cam chain by two links and fold it so the two links were at a 90* angle that's what happened. Its not supposed to happen but it did. And it is really hard to get them apart. Its sorta like a Chinese finger they more you pry the tighter it gets.

Thanks for the info i will give trail tech a call

Greg

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I just tried trail tech.The tool is still 4-6 weeks out.Maybe I'll try to build one.

thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
They don't look like they will be to hard to make, good luck and let us know how it turns out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts