Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have them? Are they pretty decent? They look just like some of the expensive ones but are half the price. Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
From what I've seen, 7/8" aluminum bars are all practically the same - regardless of the price... For the expensive bars, usually all you are doing is helping them pay for expensive magazine ad campaigns.

Worth noting is that the ProTaper or Fat bar setup is, I think, better than the typical 7/8" aluminum bar with crossbar setup. I run ProTapers on my 400EX and TrailTech X bars on my 450R - both are great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i wanna get a new handlebar with the bar clamp and also with somewhere to put the key ignition and the other red light. anyone got any recommendations? what brand? or do i need to buy it seperately? if so where? thanks.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Originally posted by Red450Rider@Oct 2 2004, 04:02 AM
i wanna get a new handlebar with the bar clamp and also with somewhere to put the key ignition and the other red light.  anyone got any recommendations? what brand? or do i need to buy it seperately? if so where? thanks.
The Trail Tech bars and clamp kit cn be bouhgt directly through Trail tech for around 135 shipped to your front door. It does come with a cover that will relocate your temp light and key switch. It is a very nice set up. you can check it out at www.trailtech.net

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
587 Posts
i have a set of them. they withstood a roll on its side being dug in the ground about 1.5 inches and didnt bend a bit. very good bars for the price. im sticking with them. one thing to remember is to tighten the crossbar bolts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts