Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda TRX450ER
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was doing an oil change on the trx today I cut open the filter and found small flakes that are not magnetic. This is the second time I have noticed that, but have only recently started cutting open my filters and checking them. Just wondering if this is something I should be super concerned about or is this a normal amount from wear and tear? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks guys!
BBEA0E01-3F08-41AA-B04D-2C4E180C377F.jpeg
BBEA0E01-3F08-41AA-B04D-2C4E180C377F.jpeg

·
Registered
2006 Honda TRX450ER
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure how many hours, I don’t have an hour meter on it. I bought it used in 2018, stock tires were practically new with the lines still on them. Only had to change out tires as of last September if that gives you any kind of idea of how much I use it... I haven’t had any motor work done. Thanks for the quick reply. Glad I’m not in for a full rebuild yet...:)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Just keep an eye on it. Do another oil change on your next ride see if you find more gold flakes. I have an 06 and I noticed that one time and didn't think much of it and then it was about 8 month later it did fail.

·
Cane Rider!
1,311 Posts
I bought it used in 2018, stock tires were practically new with the lines still on them. Only had to change out tires as of last September if that gives you any kind of idea of how much I use it... I haven’t had any motor work done. Thanks for the quick reply. Glad I’m not in for a full rebuild yet...:)
It's practically new. I don't think you need to be overly concerned. Every oil change may produce a few flakes. Keep the oil clean. Enjoy the ride!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts