Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the heck was honda thinking in putting that flag mount on the inside of the rear grab bar right where the exhaust is. It is so easy to burn yourself. Also if you noticed when trying to put a flag on with 2 crescent wrenches you can chip the aluminum so easy. They should have put it on the opposite side away from the exhaust and on the outside of the rear grab bar. Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I think I never had a problem with it....Plus with the flag I have you only need to hold one side...you use a rachet and a socket. Maybe you should invest in a better flag. .Just a sugestion, I mean if it botthers you. My Flag is garunteed not to break. ...although they will, but its very hard to break one.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by hondarider325@Jul 19 2004, 07:25 PM
What the heck was honda thinking in putting that flag mount on the inside of the rear grab bar right where the exhaust is. It is so easy to burn yourself. Also if you noticed when trying to put a flag on with 2 crescent wrenches you can chip the aluminum so easy. They should have put it on the opposite side away from the exhaust and on the outside of the rear grab bar. Tell me what you think.
i think you could find something a little better to bizniggle about....

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have seen people using the drill chucks that hoild a bit on a drill gun. They bolt right on and work great, but you have to use steel rods, it will crush fiberglass.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I found that my grab bar mount was starting to bend and fatigue at the weld. I replaced the it with a PRM baja grab bar. 100% better mount for the flag. It's also a wider grab bar, which is nice too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts