Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up some haulers on rims for cheap and there not in the best condition but by no means in bad. All paddles are in pretty good shape tires just a little dirty and scratched up from the sand but on like 2 or 3 padles theres like a 1/4 inch slice in the top was wondering if I needed to glue that or fix it somehow so it doesnt get worse? I'll put up some pictures when I get off work

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
that cut on the paddle can cause it to bet bigger and might even decrease the hookup.

i dont knowi f there a type of glue that will hold up.

skat trak can fix them. my brother sent some haulers to get fixed cuz the dog chewed on them.

i think they charged about 7 bux each paddle. the remove and replace what ever is damaged.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that cut on the paddle can cause it to bet bigger and might even decrease the hookup.

i dont knowi f there a type of glue that will hold up.

skat trak can fix them. my brother sent some haulers to get fixed cuz the dog chewed on them.

i think they charged about 7 bux each paddle. the remove and replace what ever is damaged.[/b]
Sweet that doesnt seem bad. Even after fixed I'd still have them at a steal. Also a quick question, Ive never owned paddles before so how is the rest of the tire supposed to look from normal wear besides the paddles? Just like scratched up? There a little dirty but close to new tread and vminor cuts/dents on like 3 paddles. Got em on rims for 100$

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
that scratched look youre talking about is the buffing. all unecessary rubber is taken off before the paddles are applied. 100 bux is not bad.

the turnaround time for the paddles that got fixed was right under 2wks

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that scratched look youre talking about is the buffing. all unecessary rubber is taken off before the paddles are applied. 100 bux is not bad.

the turnaround time for the paddles that got fixed was right under 2wks[/b]
Going to contact skat trak soon, But im thinking it will kill me to ship the tires. There like 40$ to ship so after shipping and paddle repair i'd be spending over 100$

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Going to contact skat trak soon, But im thinking it will kill me to ship the tires. There like 40$ to ship so after shipping and paddle repair i'd be spending over 100$
[/b]

we sent them without the wheels. but were closer. yeah, shipping might cost ya.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

[/b]

we sent them without the wheels. but were closer. yeah, shipping might cost ya.
[/b]
True, forgot about the wheels thats alot of weight that can be taken off. Luckily I live close to the guy I bought em from so I didnt hafta ship. I'll wait and see what skat trak can do.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey sandshots, did you just send in the paddles and they replaced the ones they thought needed it? And can you get em replaced with kevlar paddles or do they only do the standard hauler paddles on haulers? Also what kinda wear do the tires (non paddle part) go thru..How long do they last? becuz i was thinkin i culd run these paddles for a while, when they need it send em to skat trak get the paddles replace bam..new paddles instead of 200$ new tires.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Hey sandshots, did you just send in the paddles and they replaced the ones they thought needed it? And can you get em replaced with kevlar paddles or do they only do the standard hauler paddles on haulers? Also what kinda wear do the tires (non paddle part) go thru..How long do they last? becuz i was thinkin i culd run these paddles for a while, when they need it send em to skat trak get the paddles replace bam..new paddles instead of 200$ new tires.[/b]

the non paddle part (carcus) last a long time. sand doesnt do much to them.

unless you ride through rough stuff to get to the dunes you shouldnt have a problem.

the paddles were sent back last summer. we told skat trak wich ones we wanted to replace. the replace the paddle with the type of paddle blade it came with.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey sandshots, did you just send in the paddles and they replaced the ones they thought needed it? And can you get em replaced with kevlar paddles or do they only do the standard hauler paddles on haulers? Also what kinda wear do the tires (non paddle part) go thru..How long do they last? becuz i was thinkin i culd run these paddles for a while, when they need it send em to skat trak get the paddles replace bam..new paddles instead of 200$ new tires.[/b]

the non paddle part (carcus) last a long time. sand doesnt do much to them.

unless you ride through rough stuff to get to the dunes you shouldnt have a problem.

the paddles were sent back last summer. we told skat trak wich ones we wanted to replace. the replace the paddle with the type of paddle blade it came with.
[/b]
Aight thats cool, cuz getting all the paddles replaced would save alot of money over getting whole new tires. Wish you could get the kevlar paddles put on but not too bummed about it i guess.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Just to add, if these tires are bead to bead buffs, aka Superlights, Skat trak will not repair them. I have a set and i used Rubber epoxy to fix a small slice in the paddle to prevent it from continue splitting. It has held up to a couple trips at the dunes and a lot of drag racing while i was there.

Just a FYI so you dont send ur paddles to Cali just for them to tell u they are unrepairable.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just to add, if these tires are bead to bead buffs, aka Superlights, Skat trak will not repair them. I have a set and i used Rubber epoxy to fix a small slice in the paddle to prevent it from continue splitting. It has held up to a couple trips at the dunes and a lot of drag racing while i was there.

Just a FYI so you dont send ur paddles to Cali just for them to tell u they are unrepairable.[/b]
The buff doesnt go all the way to the rim, if thats what your saying. Imma try silicone if that dont work I'll pick up some rubber epoxy. Those pics are of the worse. Everything else is fine on em.

These are only pics I have of the sides, im guessing these arent superlights? And do you recommend a good brand for rubber epoxy?

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Just a FYI so you dont send ur paddles to Cali just for them to tell u they are unrepairable.[/b]

good point.

The buff doesnt go all the way to the rim, if thats what your saying. Imma try silicone if that dont work I'll pick up some rubber epoxy. Those pics are of the worse. Everything else is fine on em.

These are only pics I have of the sides, im guessing these arent superlights? And do you recommend a good brand for rubber epoxy?
[/b]
those arent superlights. dont use silicone, use the opoxy like zippy, it'll work better.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

<div class='quotemain'>Just to add, if these tires are bead to bead buffs, aka Superlights, Skat trak will not repair them. I have a set and i used Rubber epoxy to fix a small slice in the paddle to prevent it from continue splitting. It has held up to a couple trips at the dunes and a lot of drag racing while i was there.

good point.

[/b]
those arent superlights. dont use silicone, use the opoxy like zippy, it'll work better.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the heads up, I'll run by the store tomorrow and pray they have rubber epoxy and gonna get em sealed up tomorrow and take em to the local drag strip the next day if there dried enough to test em out

Also is it Rubber Epoxy im looking for..or any epoxy that says it'll work with rubber? I just looked up some epoxies and none said for rubber. They have for plastic and for metal..and I found a few that just say times on em and list rubber as one of the things they can be used for, would that be fine? Or is there a specific rubber epoxy.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hardware stores by me dont have any epoxy made for rubber, atleast none say rubber on em so i just picked up some stuff called proffessional welder. Says it works on rubber along with alot of other things, industrial strength, clear, waterproof, permenant bond.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts