Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2013 TRX450ER SE
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve owned my titled 2013 450er special edition for a year now and i love it. Currently I have the motor completely torn down for some preventative maintenance. Last winter I had the head off to do intakes since they were worn down and I also did rings while I was in there (converted to stainless with dual coil springs, intakes only) Put a feeler gauge to the rod to check side to side play and it was out of the service limit. A year later and many hard hours on it it’s still solid, zero up and down play. My 100mm 13.5:1 CP Athena kit should be in soon. I’m most likely gonna send the head to racer’s edge for some port work and +1 exhaust valves. I’m very excited for this build. I’ve had my hand in plenty of vehicles but never a quad or dirt bike. I’ve spent many hours reading posts on this forum and I love the knowledge I’ve gained from you guys.

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
925 Posts
I know this is an old post but glad you’re enjoying your quad. Special edition huh? Send some pics. What kind of riding you do? Here’s a few pics of mine.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Crankset Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
925 Posts
Hey 13special_edition how’s the build going? It’s been a while since you posted what you’re going to do. Is it done? If so post some pics. Sounds like an awesome build.

·
Registered
925 Posts
You should get a case saver gaurd for your chain. Incase it breaks and bunches uo against the case. It will crack. Other than that very nice build. Like the sticker kit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You should get a case saver gaurd for your chain. Incase it breaks and bunches uo against the case. It will crack. Other than that very nice build. Like the sticker kit.
I’m glad you noticed that because I completely forgot about the key saver what would you recommend that will fit with the TM design works chain guide kit that I have on it now

·
Registered
185 Posts
I’m glad you noticed that because I completely forgot about the key saver what would you recommend that will fit with the TM design works chain guide kit that I have on it now
The drw case savers are nice but I don’t know if it will work with your chain guide

·
Truck Yea
6,052 Posts
i run a UPP or moose typically. goes over the shift shaft. never had my chainpop off but seen it happen to others, poly saver did its job and saved the guys case

·
Registered
925 Posts
I have a T.M. Design works chain guard as you can see in pic. And i have this guard, not sure the brand but im going to paint it honda red. I also like the metal half moon crest ones too. Again not sure the brand name.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

·
Cane Rider!
1,345 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
I think I’m just going to put the stock one on like yours
Sounds good. I took my carb off tonight, going to clean it tomorrow. But while the tank and fenders are off im going to paint my case saver and my fan shroud. And toch up some rust spots on the frame.

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,958 Posts
I highly recommend the UPP/Moose case saver. I had a chain issue last summer at the dunes. I hucked my chain 2 or 3 times. I can almost guarantee that my case would've been trashed if it wasn't for the UPP on there.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
925 Posts
Do you know if this key saver fits with the TM design works chain guide
You mean the chain guide towards the back sprocket? I have the same TM Design chain guide. If so yes, two separate parts in two separate places, they are not in conflict with each other so you can run both.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts