Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok guys the quad its ready for a Baja 1000..!!!

all the details from the crash at last V2R have been corrected, the not pulling on 5th gear has been corrected and now it pulls like a beast...

suspension has been adjusted and toe and camber also. jetting was fixed and throttle has been set properly (back to twist with a Vortex)

new graphics, the exhaust is sounding like it should, the main retainer and some valve retainers were changed so no more oil changing chambers.

the kicker is working flawlessly (im getting better at it)

once it was done on sunday morning, we took it to rancho Casian in TJ and rode the local trail (one bar on each end, great) and it performed as it should have..

a total beast.. now I just need a pro rider for it LMAO...

let me know what you guys think

BTW: YES THE TRUCK IN THE BACK IS MY TRUCK WITH THE NEW PAINT JOB..

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Lookin good bud! glad to see you check in it's been awhile.sounds like you had a good cantina run,how many miles? Do you run Pemex or bring us gas? You still have your buddy from Alba helping you wrench or the other shop in tj,thx

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lookin good bud! glad to see you check in it's been awhile.sounds like you had a good cantina run,how many miles? Do you run Pemex or bring us gas? You still have your buddy from Alba helping you wrench or the other shop in tj,thx
thanks man.. yeah its been a while, but im still here and kicking..

the run was at least 30 miles all around i would say but to be honest i dont know for sure.. but it was a blast..

i run Pemex red when im there since you cant(supposed) bring US gas..
the Alba guy just helped me get the tranny parts. my builder/race prep guy is from TJ, one of the best in Baja..

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That desert racing seem to be hard on the body, a lot like XC racing, I've been raising my lactic threshold, muscular capacity and O2 transport in hope to push one of my friends off the podium lol !!
it is... its very similar to Xc but our speeds are way faster. we don't exactly have to go in really tight places like wood areas and trails like XC.

if you want to get your body ready. look no further.. look at
www.pnpsupplements.com and use code: teambaja500
you'll love them... I use them and its one of the best supplements I have ever used..

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How do you like that monster exhaust? I just bought one.
your going to love it.. I prefer it over my Dasa..

and it doesn't leak on the connection like the Dasa does. :grin2:

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is the exact reason I am replacing my dasa. I just had some problems with my 511 and decided it was time to have racers edge build me a 520 and I wanted to upgrade the exhaust to go with it.
youll love it..

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This should be a great season, looks pretty solid set up right now. Looking forward with your ride reports and pics.
YEAH... I have some small races coming up and the big one in Dec.

the one in august in Fabens, TX with Tejas Off Road Racing Association its coming up good.

you guys should look into this organization.. its very good and affordable

1 - 14 of 14 Posts