Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know some of you are running a mini K&N on the end of you breather hose that goes to the airbox. I have an aftermarket aluminum airbox with a K&N filter and outerwear. I don't have enough room to put a mini K&N on the end of the hose. I was thinking about zip stripping some foam around the end of it. I was wondering what kind of setups you guys have, thanks.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
You can cut that hose to a length where you can mount the filter somewhere else that it will fit. I know some people that dont even run the filter. I don't recommend it, but it simply isn't all that important in my opinion.

Here you can see mine.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Both have mini K&N's on them.[/b]
Ghott what kind of intake and filter setup is that on your bike and where can I find them?

·
Super Moderator
5,536 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hey guys, I know some of you are running a mini K&N on the end of you breather hose that goes to the airbox. I have an aftermarket aluminum airbox with a K&N filter and outerwear. I don't have enough room to put a mini K&N on the end of the hose. I was thinking about zip stripping some foam around the end of it. I was wondering what kind of setups you guys have, thanks.[/b]
you can also get a "t" so you can run the 2 hoses together and only use one breather. put the breather hanging up side down from the "T" ...... so if you get into any water (like washing the bike) it will not run through the breather down inside the motor. it's just a vent breather.

honda liked it in the sealed breather box so it would put a negitave pressure in the crank case to help "pull" the piston down. plus thing move easer in a vaccum.

i have an 06 with it done this way and i have had no problems ith it. one thing it is good for, you can tell if your rings are going bad from the oil that will start getting on the filter. it will start soaking it.......jmo.....bm

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
ive seen some bikes with the breather right on the engine case no hose.

will oil spill out of the case when standing the bike up?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the stock intake tube with an aftermarket aluminum airbox and K&N. Is there an aftermarket intake tube that will work with this airbox? Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
remember were it was stock, its jammed into the side of factory foam filter, so when the throttle is opened it sucks on that vent hose. if u can get that hose into the side of your filter in your box that would seem to be best. (or at least what honda wanted.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts