Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I recently did a long ride with the TRX and the new FCR carb. I have no complaints about the power or etc. But i did notice alot more fatique in my hand using the FCR carb, did anyone else notice this difference. My carb is an 02FCR carb, not sure if that makes a differnce. This is first time my thumb has killed me on my TRX. Is there any mod I can do??
Joe

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I dont know much about the fcr carb, but it's a push pull style can you set them up wrong?

If the throttle body spring is strong enough you can remove the spring from the thumb throttle it may ease the pressure somemore.

I bet most of that, fatigue is coming from all the extra power.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
It definetly is stiffer than the stock spring. You can run a twist to ease your pain. I imagine you can trim the spring in some way, but try moving the thumb throttel up or down a hair on the bars. I have found this to help me in some cases.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Either Get a Twist ....

Take the Spring out and shave a little around the circumfrence of the spring....

OR...

LIVE WITH IT.... :D Get yourself a stress ball.....

It is the same spring and Darn near the same carb in the YFZ... just 1 mm off.... my 04 crf carb and the 04 YFZ carb were totally identical except a very little diff in the size of the filter side bore.... :huh:

You can shave a little off of the outside edges of the spring if you really want to.... If you shave too much the carb will not always SNAP back shut... I found that out the HARD way..... with the YFZ.... I hate learning that way... :wacko:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take the Spring out and shave a little around the circumfrence of the spring....[/b]
I shaved a tiny bit off the spring tonight, it definately makes a difference. I only took off the slightest bit, but i believe thats all it will take to make the difference. I have done this mod to my 250R carb as well with great sucess.

You can shave a little off of the outside edges of the spring if you really want to.... If you shave too much the carb will not always SNAP back shut... I found that out the HARD way..... with the YFZ.... I hate learning that way...[/b]
How much did u shave off your YFZ spring that it didn't go back :( :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts