Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm on Amazon looking for a fan control for my 1999 trx450es.

I see that if I buy the fan relay with part number 38710-HM7-004 it's one price but if I buy an "ignition coil" with part number 38710-HM7-004 it's much cheaper.

Am I to believe they are the same part??

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
466 Posts
I just looked it up and I don’t think so. Just has the same part # weird. But I’m not 100% sure.

99 450es huh. That’s the Honda foreman 4x4 correct? Must ride some rough trails. You ever think about switching to the race quad Honda trx450r, with the straight rear axle? It’s about as much fun as possible. Send some pics bro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was pretty much just a gravel road runner. Barely any trails. I Inherited it from my father inlaw. Just changed the oil, rear brakes. Took it for a little spin realized the front brakes weren't working that well and noticed the fan wasn't coming on when it's supposed to.
Followed all the flowcharts. End results. All wiring is fine and the fan works when black/brown wire is shorted with blue wire. So 100% sure the relay is gone.
Now I'm working on front brakes(all 4 brake cylinders were rusted and seized) and getting that fan control changed.

I don't have any ⁸pictures of the quad but I'll get some on Sunday or Monday.. these pics are all i have for now..
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Car Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
466 Posts
Cool, well good luck with the work, hope you get it in tip top shape. If you decide to by a TRX450r or er let us know. Here’s some pics of mine and welcome to the site ehy!
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Crankset Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle

·
Registered
466 Posts
Todays Sunday, hope to see pics of the old girl. How’s the progress coming along? Still the same since a couple day’s ago?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's the beast. Still waiting for the brake and the fan control to come in. If the brakes come in first I just going to wire the fan to a switch and go for a ride.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
466 Posts
Nice. It’s a beautiful thing being able to wake up Sunday morning and go for a ride. I’ll put up some riding pics outside my little garage lol. When you get the beast going take some riding pics. When your brakes come in and are set, put her in 4wheel drive and power they some mud bud. Post some riding pics when you do. Thanks for posting up today.

·
Registered
466 Posts
That a lovely ride it cool to drive rough hope you drive roughly like I do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thru all sorts of mud ,water, that requires 4x4. Different kinda riding but fun, that’s all that matters. Live to ride , ride to live

1 - 9 of 9 Posts