Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought id take a moment to try to embarrass my friend Justin (jebbin12)

good to see an orger take a podium!!!

The guy gets second in the EIIR round one in Stl.

He had to sign autographs after the show.. lol

way to go man

and looky what I dug up on the old interweb.... the podium shot!!!!!!

So are you gonna do all the rounds Justin? just kidding...

But cmon, we need a speech or a statement..lol that podium photo besides those other two guys makes you look 6-5" lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Congrats...[/b]

LOL Well thanks Jeff. As for the big speech, you are going to have to check out MavTV. They televised the whole thing and I gave an interview for them afterwards. Also there is a youtube video of the main. If I knew how to put it on here I would. Here is the link if someone knows how to do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNCL2KM2k0w

I think I am going to try and do the one in Michigan also. It is on March 5th...Right now I am 3rd in points only doing one race, so if I do another and do well in it, I should be top 5 at the end of the year.

It was a blast. My second time ever on ice, so I didnt do to bad. It is pretty much whoever gets the holeshot. I won both my heat races, but so did two others. So we had to flip coins for the starting gate, and naturaly me being the most unlucky person in the world, lost and had to start very outside. The concrete starting coming up about halfway through the race which made it extremely slick.

Here are a few pictures they took:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
If I'd known we had an org member i would have come to see it instead if workin on the truck.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
If I'd known we had an org member i would have come to see it instead if workin on the truck.[/b]
You should have come anyway. Those speedway bikes are insane. I dont know how they even stay up.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
congrats man. ice racing is fun....i wish the lakes would have stayed frozen longer

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
congrats man. ice racing is fun....i wish the lakes would have stayed frozen longer[/b]
Thanks guys, that sucks that the lakes are already thawed. I wanted to make a trip up once this season and try out some lake ice racing. Maybe next year I guess.

The XIIR will be at the Palace in Auburn Hills on thursday March 5th. If its close you guys should come check it out. So far I am planning on running it. Hopefully things go as well as they did last time.

V

·
0 Posts
congrats man. ice racing is fun....i wish the lakes would have stayed frozen longer[/b]
Thanks guys, that sucks that the lakes are already thawed. I wanted to make a trip up once this season and try out some lake ice racing. Maybe next year I guess.

The XIIR will be at the Palace in Auburn Hills on thursday March 5th. If its close you guys should come check it out. So far I am planning on running it. Hopefully things go as well as they did last time.
[/b]
March 5th. i might have to go. its only a short drive away

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

[/b]
March 5th. i might have to go. its only a short drive away
[/b]
You definitly should then. You can order tickets online or at the door. I dont think a stadium that big will sell out. haha
I dont really care for bikes at all, but those speedway bikes are something out. Pretty much a mountain bike with a 500cc motor strapped on it. They are insane. I have no idea how they even stay up on one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey new to the fourm looking for info on Extreme Internatiuonal Ice Racing what kind of studs do you have to run any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
hey new to the fourm looking for info on Extreme Internatiuonal Ice Racing what kind of studs do you have to run any help would be great thanks[/b]
You have to buy your studs from them. They are like 1" gold kold kutters or something like that. Not anyone can race it though. Its kind of like an invitation only series. You would have to get ahold of the promotor if you are wanting to run one of the rounds.

·
Registered
446 Posts
March 5th where is it at, can you shout me the place or is it on there site. I found it but I thank you going to have to count me out. From here that is a 14 hour Drive for me and I don't thank I want to drive that far for a ice race when the racing season is going to start in a mouth. I may try to attend the Chicago race but I will have to see where I'm at when it comes closer.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
March 5th where is it at, can you shout me the place or is it on there site. I found it but I thank you going to have to count me out. From here that is a 14 hour Drive for me and I don't thank I want to drive that far for a ice race when the racing season is going to start in a mouth. I may try to attend the Chicago race but I will have to see where I'm at when it comes closer.[/b]

It is at the The Palace in Aubrun Hills, Michigan. Not sure where you saw Chicago at, but there isnt one in Chicago. www.xiir.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
thanks i have talked to them i am racing two rounds but i dont want to get the studs the day before the race was just seeing if you new what they were. they are quiet about what they use. i guess if it wasnt for the the last min nothing would get done thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
thanks i have talked to them i am racing two rounds but i dont want to get the studs the day before the race was just seeing if you new what they were. they are quiet about what they use. i guess if it wasnt for the the last min nothing would get done thanks for your help[/b]
Ya they dont like to give that out. That is how they make money is you buying their studs. All I know is they come out of California and if you buy 1000 studs, doesnt necessarily mean there is 1000 in the bag haha. I had a bolt and chain link in my bag along with only about 800 studs. I got mine the night before and it wasnt too bad. Takes a couple hours to do them.

What rounds are you racing?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Check it out for your self it is on ther web site

http://www.icespeedway.com/

Here is there

SCHEDULES & INFO: 2008-09 33RD Annual World Championship ICE Racing Series!
(AS OF 9/29/08)

December 13th December 13th Kansas Expocentre Topeka, KS

January 9th
Glens Falls Civic Center, Glens Falls, NY
Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 16th & 17th Cedar Rapids Ice Arena Cedar Rapids, IA

January 24th U.S. Cellular Coliseum, Bloomington, IL

January 30th Sarnia Sports & Entertainment Center, Sarnia, Ontario

February 13Tickets-
David S. Palmer Arena - Danville, IL

Frebruary 27Tickets
Sears Centre Arena - Hoffman Estates (Chicago), IL

1 - 20 of 40 Posts