Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in your guys opinion, experience or what not ... is there a particular brand exhaust that is better than another? i dont wanna buy a junk exhaust.... and is full system really that much better than slip on??? thanx guys

·
Registered
262 Posts
in your guys opinion, experience or what not ... is there a particular brand exhaust that is better than another? i dont wanna buy a junk exhaust.... and is full system really that much better than slip on??? thanx guys[/b]
there are differences in pipes, but nothing the casaul rider would notice.
full systems do make a difference, depending on the headpipe.

i happen to have a whote bros. pro aluminum 2 full system for sale. it was repacked last year. it is pc-ed black with fire red mounts. it is for an 06 and newer...

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
You won't tell a difference in most pipes unless you get one that no ones ever heard about or is a small company (usually) Because the bigger companies spend alot of time testing to see what works best. Some of the best are Dasa, Sparks, HMF, White Bros, Yoshi, etc. Theres alot more but those are what your going to hear the most of when you talk about big names. Theres rage, venom, big gun all those but when you ask for a "good pipe" most of the time someones gonna scream one of those big names first because they have been used for a while and have been proven to work well.

EDIT: After posting that I realize that some members will want to chime in and bash me (most likely mixxer) and throw around statistics about how this pipe makes 1 hp more than that 1 or this one meets these requirements over that one. And Im not putting down any pipe, because rage/venom etc all make great pipes, but for example around here no ones ever even heard of them. In the end its all your choice just pick an exhaust that fits you best whether it be sound, looks, performance or all 3!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea thanx everyone keep the posts coming, basically i want a good sound and mostly performance. i had a yoshi rs-3 carbon fiber pipe on my 400ex and it basically sounded stock, i want something with a nice sound.... but mainly the performance aspect is what i am looking for..

thanx

·
450R Rider
1,225 Posts
im running HMF with an HRC head pipe, tons of power, awsome looking, only downfall its very loud, i dont mind but my neibours arent to impressed with it. were abouts upstate NY you at?

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Theres lots of good exhausts,

dasa probally the highest power producing pipe, this pipe usually wins at peak and in the over rev department

venom a good all around pipe and is probally the quietest pipe making the most power

HMF are good pipes wide arrangement of colors and looks,good tq and solid curves

sparks is a good power output pipe but I hear its a little on the loud side..

I currently have a dasa, had a albea (good pipe) just was looking for a bit more power,im going to buy a venom pipe shortly, wanting something a little quieter (gunna need it in our riding area)

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts
DASA! Best looking, sounding, and performing! :rock:[/b]
couldn't agree more!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i live by alexandria bay... just across the border from like ontario and kingston.........

alright ill look into the dasa pipe... sounds like thats the route i wanna go... !!! thanks everyone !!!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how does the rossier engineering exhaust stack up with the dasa...? idk if i can really afford the dasa exhasut, its a lil more than i was looking to spend, i seen the rossier pipe is like 450 and thats a lil better for me lol...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sweet crap !!!! thanks cause i got the 07.... i think i may look to order that here in the next couple weeks when i get the money... sales have been slow gotta make some money lol..

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
If you want the farthest thing from stock then a sparks is what u want. The best power to sound combo is Dasa..I have a sparks and the power is awsome, some may hate the sound but down south louder is better :)

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
If you want the farthest thing from stock then a sparks is what u want. The best power to sound combo is Dasa..I have a sparks and the power is awsome, some may hate the sound but down south louder is better :)[/b]

lol sound to power combo? a few friends of mine have dasa, i have a rage (made by dasa) and the dasa's are one of the loudest exhausts ive heard, rossier is very loud and the dasa sounds exactyl like the rossier i had

EDIT :(excluding drag pipes, cut down pipes, and tc shorty of course lol)

·
Registered
262 Posts
my friend had a rossier on his 06 and i had the wb that i am selling on my 06...they felt exactly the same to both of us...i'll do 225 shipped for it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts