Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if the exhaust gasket for a CRF will work on the TRX. because my Yosh didn't come with one, and was wondering if I have to order the one for the TRX, or the CRF. thanks

Jordan

Ride Red, Biatch!

·
Registered
733 Posts
usually no response means that nobody knows. do you already have a CRF gasket? if not, then order the correct one for your quad... TRX. if you have the CRF gasket already, then try it. my new gasket went right in w/o any friction. before it is compressed, it should move freely and fall right out. once compressed, it should stay in place until pried. you may want to check out servicehonda.com. see what the part number is for the CRF and if it matches the TRX.

i'll meet ya half way. here is the TRX part #... 18291-MEB-670

good luck

·
Registered
733 Posts
Originally posted by desert_450r@Aug 28 2004, 05:08 PM
The gasket in there is an aluminum hi temp coated gasket that is good for several uses as long as the flange is machined true and at the right angle ... I have replaced head pipes 4 or 5 times and with the proper torque I have no leaks with the oem gasket that it came with... I bought a spare and haven't needed it yet ... They are not one use and toss variety ... At least that's my experience ...
true dat! i am still on da first one also. but, i do keep a spare... ^_^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts