Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far nobody has seemed to stick to an exhaust for the R's. I'm looking for one soon and just tryig to see the biggest boost. I'd rather see the dyno's but what's some of the power gains on these exhausts? The bike guys I know go nuts over CHM but I've always known and trusted companies like Sparks and HMF. Who's is winning the battles on the charts?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hmmm, this can't be rear wheel HP, because the graph shows the 450r with stock pipe to have 47hp!!! then with a trinity pipe it has 53hp....well, thats a 6hp difference which is what others are claiming as well. I wouldn't pay too much mind to the top numbers as I would pay to the difference between the stock and the aftermarket pipe. The pipe doesn't give the 450R 53hp, but instead gives it a 6hp increase over stock.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
the winner is whom ever chooses the right exhaust for thier riding style and needs....that who... :lol: ...

all of them are good, in different ways.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
im most likely getting the HMF ballance pro series carbon fiber full system exhaust.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm interested in the CHM but no dyno's. Anyone know what this pipe's pulling out on the charts over stock?

BTW: Don't buy Trinity, their stuff is junk. They did engine work for 3 of my friends and all 3 blew up right after they got them back and I'm on my second exhaust header b/c my first burned through on the C'Dale. Very cheap header material.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey Desert, have you tried any other pipes on your R? How does it pull from top too bottom? Thanks

·
Registered
594 Posts
I don't mean to stir anything up. Dan Lamey designed an exhaust which he's claiming puts out 2 peak hp over the rossier. The design will be very similar to a rossier from what I hear aprox 1/8" or so thicker. I'll be ordering mine sometime Monday!

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have a picture of the exhaust tip... That's the only picture I've gotten. I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to post it...

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Originally posted by kilabanshee@Oct 14 2005, 09:31 PM
I don't mean to stir anything up.  Dan Lamey designed an exhaust which he's claiming puts out 2 peak hp over the rossier.  The design will be very similar to a rossier from what I hear  aprox 1/8" or so thicker.  I'll be ordering mine sometime Monday!
[snapback]146885[/snapback]​

Mine has been coming for 3 weeks now (Dan Lameys pipe) :dunno:

Waiting...waiting..waiting...they are very busy over their.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
just so the people that dont know dont ever listen to what companies say their products will gain. ITS ALL CRAP come on trinity says over 50 horses with their pipe when john natalies quad has about 53 with piston, cam, port and so on. the only people i believe is rossier and VCP. maybe afew others. ive heard that no pipe will make the 450r have over 40 horses but i dont know if thats true or not.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Pappy from atvriders.com dyno'ed his 450r with just an exhaust and got I believe 40hp flat after messing with the air/fuel ratio and jetting it for the most horsepower. Dan is in South Africa right now. I believe he'll be back Monday.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Killabanshee, Who is Dan Lamey for us new guys..???

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
haha i havent heard of this pipe. Are you aloud to post pictures of it ?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Dan Lamey "dynodn on the forum" builds Joe Byrd's race motors. If you haven't noticed in the last 2-3 rounds of the GNC series Joe has been taking some serious holeshots! He dynoed Joe's standard bore 450r with his porting, exhaust, piston, 208 grind web, 43mm fcr carb and made 62 REAL horsepower. Dan has been working with Yamaha and Honda and has been helping design motors for quite some time now. I believe "chuck" told me that he ports nascar motors and such. He's been porting motors for I believe 30 years. He sure knows his sh1t! :box:
I can't wait till we do my motor sometime later this month!! Me and "chuck" think it will be around 55-57rwhp!

Check out his website......

DASA
www.teamracersedge.com

1 - 20 of 22 Posts