Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with the R.
It's a 2007 bone stock. It was sitting for about a month in the garage. It starts up perfect, when I turn the choke off the bike immediately shuts down. I took the carb off, and cleaned it. It had a green residue in the jets and the fuel bowl. Put it back together and nthing, it refuses to idle. thanks in advance.........

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I have a problem with the R.
It's a 2007 bone stock. It was sitting for about a month in the garage. It starts up perfect, when I turn the choke off the bike immediately shuts down. I took the carb off, and cleaned it. It had a green residue in the jets and the fuel bowl. Put it back together and nthing, it refuses to idle. thanks in advance.........[/b]
generally speaking if the bike quits when the choke is pulled the main jet is rich and its flooding out....

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
turn your idle up.......

·
Admin
2,546 Posts
The main jet has nothing to do with starting or idling. If your bike dies when the choke is off you aren't rich enough on the bottom end. Try turning up your idle screw, other wise get a bigger pilot jet.

·
Registered
241 Posts
3 things it could be:

Idle needs turned up

One or more jet(s) are clogged

Your slide is in backwards. One of my buddies worked on my carb and when he put the slide it he put it in backwards on accident. The quad ran perfect with the choke on but would die once you shut it off lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's done! Running like a champ, thanks for all the quick replies. When we took the carb off yesterday, in our haste to get it done quickly, we failed to remove the jet that is closest to the head. We removed the carb again took the jet out and there she was completely clogged. Cleaned it, reinstalled the carb, fired right up and idled like a champ. Ready to ride, thanks again! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
495 Posts
It's done! Running like a champ, thanks for all the quick replies. When we took the carb off yesterday, in our haste to get it done quickly, we failed to remove the jet that is closest to the head. We removed the carb again took the jet out and there she was completely clogged. Cleaned it, reinstalled the carb, fired right up and idled like a champ. Ready to ride, thanks again! :thumbsup:[/b]

That would be the pilot jet!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts