Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my cousin's 450 today and saw a Elka linkage alone in a bag for sale at the dealership. I would have asked there, but they had NO IDEA what they were talking about. According to them, you need to rebuild the topend every 100 hrs, you can use 83 octance gas, and the dent on the cap of his exhaust "is no big deal!" He also yelled at me to get off the quad saying, "you need to be 16, and I am sure you can ride it plenty when you get home!" So, me being a little ticked the guy yelled at me replied "too bad I already have one, buddy." "That is NUTS!" was his only response. You had to be there, he really had a d!ckish way about him. ANYWAY.....

I was just wondering if the ELKA linkage will fit the stock suspension and if it will help at all...it is very cheap to buy anyway...

Sorry about the rambling, had to vent after 3 1/2 hours of being on the road

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
rebuild the top end of what? the shock, or the motor?.... :huh:

But I feel for you about the idiot at the dealership....theres all sorts out there

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by TRX450rlude@Jun 18 2004, 10:42 PM
rebuild the top end of what? the shock, or the motor?.... :huh:

But I feel for you about the idiot at the dealership....theres all sorts out there 
That was about the motor, these guys sure do amaze me having less know-how on these quads than a 15 year old :wacko:

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
The linkage is designed to be used with the elka shock, not a stock one. :(

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by lukester720@Jun 19 2004, 02:09 AM
The linkage is designed to be used with the elka shock, not a stock one. :(
Thanks Luke, just wishful thinking I guess -_-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts