Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if you can get a lighted buggie whip and just solder it in to the lighting system on the 450R, or do I need to get a battery operated light?

I saw a buggy whip website that was saying that you need some type of converter for quads without electronic start.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Well since were on the topic of electrical systems, i was thinking, for the winter of buying heated grips, yes i know there found on snowmobiles, but is there way i can go about wiring this is, without a battery, any hints or suggestions would be great!

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Yah i been also throwing around the idea of hand warmer grips... i seen many work quads with them and i would like to throw them on my r for the winter.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I don't see a problem with it, just wire them into the headlight wires would be easiest.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by lukester720@Sep 16 2004, 09:51 PM
I don't see a problem with it, just wire them into the headlight wires would be easiest.
Thanks man!!! I was worried when I say that website talk about kick-start bikes not being able to run lighted buggie whips. Well, see you in the dunes... and you'll be able to see me, with my lighted whip

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Bringing an old thread back from the grave.

I couldn't find any good info on heated grips other than a few old threads that didn't really answer my question.

I basically want to know is running them will over work my charging system... I have an 06ER... so I have a battery. But i had plans to relocate the battery with a bigger one with more cold cranking amps. The grips eat up 40 Watts on high.... I already have a thumb warmer. I don't know the wattage that draws.... And I run HID's.

I know the HID's uses less wattage once warmed up witch is why I don't turn on my thumb until the lights have been on for a good while.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.symtec-inc.com/Complete-ATV-Pus...witch_p_74.html

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I dont know if this will help you much, but my dad has a ds 650 with heated handgrips and a thumbwarmer, he used it last year with no issues, 2 different bikes i know,

But if you can get a hold of a service manual for an 06 im sure it should sate the available juice from the bike some where, would it not ?

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
not sure..... I'll have to check it out.

I ended up buying just some kimpex strips that goes under ordinary grips....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts