Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded my yfz for a 450r. its a 07 450er, but it wont start, not even a click. I bought a starter solenoid and replaced it but still nothing. When i touch the two posts on the solenoid together it turns over but wont start. Neutral light wont even come on. Can Anyone help?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Just traded my yfz for a 450r. its a 07 450er, but it wont start, not even a click. I bought a starter solenoid and replaced it but still nothing. When i touch the two posts on the solenoid together it turns over but wont start. Neutral light wont even come on. Can Anyone help?[/b]

The fuse is blown,

Good luck

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
the fuse is located just above the battery..... kinda next to the solenoid.....

also...check to make sure your neutral indicator wire did not come loose from the tranny..... it happens...

jmho......g

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
neither the fuses or neutral switch are gone...i cranked it over til the battery died and now nothing

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
im confused...

you said "not even a click"... indicating she was not turning over at all....and NOTHING was happening when you hit the 'start' button...

but now you say she cranked over until the battery died...but would not start...

so...IF she is cranking over.... have you checked for spark? have you checked your cranking compression?

any changes made to the machine since the last time it was started?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this whole no electricity thing happened when the quad wouldnt start and i drained the battery after trying to start it for a long time. now it wont even click or have a neutral light.

could it be the coil?

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
this whole no electricity thing happened when the quad wouldnt start and i drained the battery after trying to start it for a long time. now it wont even click or have a neutral light.

could it be the coil?[/b]

charge the battery......then let's start over.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Electrical!!! NO Neutral Light, No Elec Start 07' 450er

So I signed up to this forum because I have the exact same problem as this guy, except my honda 450er is a 2006... I have my quad on a battery tender 24-7 and after a couple months of not riding when I put the key in and turn to "run" I get nothing.. no headlights no turning over no neutral light nothing.. But when I jump starter solenoid terminals it turns over.. checked fuse by my battery its good.. ideas?

·
Fairly fast foreigner!
3,584 Posts
If the wiring is stock pulling in the clutch will ground your solenoid (same thing as the neutral switch does).

·
Registered
3 Posts
wire below sprocket is connected, clutch pulled in or not.. I still have nothing.. no click, no headlights no neutral light nothing.... I can only get it to turn over by crossing the contacts on the starter solenoid.. Other wise zip.. I left it over night in the pooring down rain before this happened, ran perfect before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
no electrical 450er

can any one tell me or show me wiring schematics on this quads ignition switch? I want to rule out this keyed switch and jump a couple wires to see if I can get some power to it... really appreciate it! thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
when the dash/speedo/trip stopped working, the lites stopped working an the switch to start no longer works. to jump post on solenoid the motor turns over and will start with key in on postion. charge system still works when positive cable remove from battery while running. lite for neutral an reverse work as should. no power at leed to solinod on green/red or yellow/red and as said...no power when button is pushed to start. all worked good befor dash stopped. problem was with dash, milage was stuck at99999999 as well as trip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Electrical!!! NO Neutral Light, No Elec Start 07' 450er

So I signed up to this forum because I have the exact same problem as this guy, except my honda 450er is a 2006... I have my quad on a battery tender 24-7 and after a couple months of not riding when I put the key in and turn to "run" I get nothing.. no headlights no turning over no neutral light nothing.. But when I jump starter solenoid terminals it turns over.. checked fuse by my battery its good.. ideas?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts