Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a small battery on my 05 and used the leads from the condenser to charge it. My question is, what would make the lights dim when I rev the engine? The headlights are brighter at idle than when I rev the engine. What would cause this?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Anyone???[/b]
put a meter on there I'd bet your voltage is slightly higher at idle prob about 13.5 or 14 then when you rev it drops to like 12.5-13 volts all depends on what acc. you are running

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the lights youre running are probably to big for that small battery?[/b]
I wouldn't think the battery would have anything to do with it since the lights are powered from the stator. I had the battery under the hood before and it still would dim a little but I recently moved the battery to under the seat and that's when it started to dim even more. The lights themselves aren't connected to the battery at all. They're wired in place of the stockers.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
the lights youre running are probably to big for that small battery?[/b]
I wouldn't think the battery would have anything to do with it since the lights are powered from the stator. I had the battery under the hood before and it still would dim a little but I recently moved the battery to under the seat and that's when it started to dim even more. The lights themselves aren't connected to the battery at all. They're wired in place of the stockers.
[/b]

not sure on this one.

anyone make bigger stators for our bikes?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts