Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all think of the carburetor? Does anyone have this on there 450r? I want to get this for my honda 450r. See i just recently got a hotcam stage 2 and it still cannot take the yfz in a drag. All the yfz has is a yoshimura full exhaust, and a esr air box eliminator kit system. The honda is lrd full system, esr airbox eliminator kit, and now the hotcam stage 2(this is the mid to top cam). I was very dissapointed that the yfz was still taking it. Is this suppose to be happening. I mean i definetly saw an improvement but i expected it to blow away the yfz. It seems to me like it lost bottom but it gained mid to top for sure. Anyone willing to help? Do you know what my problem is?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Don't know what your prob. is. But, I talked to the guys at Edelbrock and they say a 1-3 horespower increase and a 2-3 ft-lb tourque increase with their carb. I had one on my 400ex and it was great. Adjustability is awesome. I plan on getting one in the spring for my machine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as adjusting the carb to be lean or rich how does it work. I was reading it and it seemed to be easy. Do you think they can tune the carb to the settings i would need for my modifications? Or would i just have to do all that my self.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Pulled from another forum --- Words of warning from Laz at GTT:

Anyone that knows him knows how difficult it is to get him to say anything bad about a product.....
-----------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideryam
Have you heard news from someone or tried the edelbrock carb on a yfz450? Any advantages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
I have tried to answer this with a nice polite response several times today.

The fact is I cant.

Here are the facts -

1.I have bought back and discarded every Edelbrock carb that I sold.
2.I have $2700.00 worth of Edelbrock needles in stock that I will never use.
3.An Edelbrock can make more HP than a conventional carb if the engine is tuned properly.
4. An Edlebrock is/was a tuning nightmare for many riders.

There, I got it off my chest.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Originally posted by Manny450r@Aug 22 2004, 01:24 PM
As far as adjusting the carb to be lean or rich how does it work.  I was reading it and it seemed to be easy.  Do you think they can tune the carb to the settings i would need for my modifications?  Or would i just have to do all that my self.
I never experienced any problems on my 400ex. You tell Edel. what you have and where you are and they'll send you the right needles ( I think you'll get 3 needles from them.) Tuning is via a knob on the top of the carb. It's quite simple.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
My buddy had one of these carbs on his 400ex mx quad and he never got it tuned in. He got it for free from his sponsor but it was just to much of a hassle so he replaced it with an fcr carb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts