Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is one of my runs with my WR449cc Venom YFZ. This is not the best curve for "peak" numbers... but the smoothest curve. My AC pump shot is VERY rich with this Venom pipe, and the needle is very rich too. I plan to fix those and go back to the dyno to see how the lower part of the curve changes.

Mods...

Venom porting 06 head w/ +1 valves
Venom WR 95mm 14.1 piston
Sredrum bored carb to 42mm with Rat Stack
FCI
RW cams
Venom pipe
Hoosier 59/10/10
111 leaded petrol

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I am sure I can get 57/37-38 out of it with some tuning and parts swapping.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
lookin good buddy! i bet shes gonna run real good up ther!

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! If you go to Walden on the 23rd it will be there!!

P.S. No one told me the 68mm short rod Falicon Knife rod stroker crank was going to need to have the counter shaft modified to clear the rod! :realmad: So I couldn't finish the 534cc motor this weekend, and have to wait till I can have it machined on Monday.

PS. This is the new shop of Advantage Tuning. Correy does some awesome work!!!!! :unworthy:

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the last graph of it's then tune. With to rich needle and to rich pilot jet and to rich AP shot.... I removed the end cap and the A/F sniffer was removed for both these runs. * Note I've found that the A/F probe in the exhaust to be a air flow hindrance to the smoothness of the power curve...FYI. So I run it to get my jetting dialed in and then remove it and see how the power changes. *

Run with out the end cap...

And here is the end cap on and end cap off over layed on the same graph...

Just because I seen it in another thread I'll add it here too....

Have no clue about what a "stock" 450 does, but a piped cam modded and K&N stock box does... about 38-44hp, and other brand full tilt 450cc race motors have made any where from 44hp/28tq---> builder A, to 51hp/36tq---->(which was a fairly stock Venom motor too) and now mine at 55hp/34tq motor.

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
thanx so much for the info , Mr. Terse.!... always a pleasure to read your testing and insights :)...

BTW... your neon\lime green framed machine looks super

1 - 7 of 7 Posts