Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
TRX450r.org Sponsor
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick Notes :

Factory Pro seems to have the best tuning software - Fits in a enclosed tailer

Mustang - Factory is located in Ohio - Fits in an enclosed trailer - Will also make a custom roller for it so it's 100% portable.

Dyno Dynamic -software unknown (wasn't able to talk to anyone)

Superflo- Will not fit in an enclosed trailer

Land & Sea - affordable - nice brochure lol

Dyna - I love the looks - also fits in an enclosed trailer (only found car dealers who had them in the states - popular in UK)

DynoJet- 1 sales guy was sorta cocky.. I waited a couple days before I called back hoping to get someone else. The second guy was extremely helpful and answered most of my questions. Unlike some of the other dyno manufactures they could not special make anything. It was really hard to get any real technical answers that wasn't already in the brochure.

I'm leaning towards the Factory Pro, Mustang , and DynoJet Dyno

The Factory Pro seems to have the best software with the 4 gas system. (It relies on more than just the 02 sensor to tune) . ( 4 gas system is an option with the mustang dyno) www.factorypro.com

The Mustang Dyno is up the road basically I can save thousands of dollars just by driving to pick it up. I can tune a bike the old fashion way by an o2 sensor alone or use the 4 gas option. www.mustangdyno.com

The Dynojet has two important things going for it... One is the name... 2nd the power commanders.
It is too large to fit into an enclosed trailer being 9ft wide and 9ft long. The dynojet only relies on 02 sensors that can foul out with leaded fuels. The tuning software is sorta basic when it comes to the mustang and factory pro... It also reads higher hp than the mustang and factory pro dyno. www.dynojet.com

What do you all suggest ?

I'm also open to used mobile ATV/Motorcycle dynos

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
kbm450......... where exactly are you located??? i noticed you said up the road in ohio on the mustang dyno. so i guess your from ohio also????

nice avatar pic. i'm a hillclimber. that looks like a nice one.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
dyno jet...... :thumbsup:

some of the others you have listed can give false info if the software or programs are not set correctly......atleast thats what ive been told...................and based on what i've seen it may be true..IMO

·
TRX450r.org Sponsor
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kbm450......... where exactly are you located??? i noticed you said up the road in ohio on the mustang dyno. so i guess your from ohio also????

nice avatar pic. i'm a hillclimber. that looks like a nice one.[/b]

I'm actually located in KY. Cincinnati OH is about 3-4 hours away. Maybe one day in the future we can play on some hills ! :thumbup:

·
TRX450r.org Sponsor
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

some of the others you have listed can give false info if the software or programs are not set correctly
Thats the tuners fault not the software IMO If i'm going to make the investment i'm going to study the software until I get it right.

I've also talked to a company Faster Motorsports Their EC997 is for sale because 2 dealerships were combined and they kept dynojet. The service guy I spoke with said the Ec997 (factory Pro) worked better squeezing out extra HP but the dynojet was much faster for turn around. He basically said if it was his choice he would keep the Ec997.

Keep the suggestions coming ! Thanks D-Racer for contributing to the thread.[/b]

Edit:
Factory Pro has a Tuning to Best Power patent

Factory Pro also has just been issued another new, even more exciting dynamometer patent on Oct 9, 2007.
This patent covers automatic tuning to Best Power. We are all familiar with the simple "tune to an air fuel ratio" of common dealership level dynamometers and most tuners are aware that "AFR" is a very limited approximation of correct tuning.
Tuning to "Best Power" is what happens when you give the engine "what it wants" rather than "what somebody said it should have".

Dyno Comparison

4 gas Information

·
Registered
711 Posts

some of the others you have listed can give false info if the software or programs are not set correctly
Thats the tuners fault not the software IMO If i'm going to make the investment i'm going to study the software until I get it right.

I've also talked to a company Faster Motorsports Their EC997 is for sale because 2 dealerships were combined and they kept dynojet. The service guy I spoke with said the Ec997 (factory Pro) worked better squeezing out extra HP but the dynojet was much faster for turn around. He basically said if it was his choice he would keep the Ec997.

Keep the suggestions coming ! Thanks D-Racer for contributing to the thread.[/b]

Edit:
Factory Pro has a Tuning to Best Power patent

Factory Pro also has just been issued another new, even more exciting dynamometer patent on Oct 9, 2007.
This patent covers automatic tuning to Best Power. We are all familiar with the simple "tune to an air fuel ratio" of common dealership level dynamometers and most tuners are aware that "AFR" is a very limited approximation of correct tuning.
Tuning to "Best Power" is what happens when you give the engine "what it wants" rather than "what somebody said it should have".

Dyno Comparison

4 gas Information
[/b]

Are you looking for a dyno jet to put in a inclosed trailer i think Matt from mobile has his for sale.
He is in Va. Jim

·
TRX450r.org Sponsor
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[/quote]

Are you looking for a dyno jet to put in a inclosed trailer i think Matt from mobile has his for sale.
He is in Va. Jim
[/quote]

Matt sold his already :(

·
Registered
10,711 Posts

4 gas Information [/b]

I am glad someone other than just myself believes this way....

an A/F meter is a good tool to have...to get ya close.... but there is absofrickenlutely NO WAY that a specific A/F percentage is perfect for all machines...... mine likes about 14.2:1.....not the typical 13:1.....

and if you watch the HP/TQ graph....your engine will tell you where you need to go........NOT the A/F meter....

can you explain how the 'Best Power' tuning application works for this dyno....? does the Dyno software actually tell you where to go with tuning....(ie Rich/Lean) in order to gain 'best power'.....or does the operator still have to read the graphs...?

im just curious how the software could 'know'.....unless it draws some type of conclusion from the a/f meter.....

thanx in advance....Greg

·
Registered
2,762 Posts

I'm actually located in KY. Cincinnati OH is about 3-4 hours away. Maybe one day in the future we can play on some hills ! :thumbup:
[/b]
i am coming to prestonsburg, ky for a climb here in the near future. gonna meet hondaman01 and some others there. if you would be interested let me know. i'll shoot you some dates. would be awesome to meet some more guys on the org.

hondaman01 (rick) will be happy to see you get a dyno. he's been waiting on a kentucky dyno.

·
TRX450r.org Sponsor
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

[/b]
i am coming to prestonsburg, ky for a climb here in the near future. gonna meet hondaman01 and some others there. if you would be interested let me know. i'll shoot you some dates. would be awesome to meet some more guys on the org.

hondaman01 (rick) will be happy to see you get a dyno. he's been waiting on a kentucky dyno.
[/b]
I've never been to Prestonburg. Send me over some dates and I'll do my best to make it. I like riding with different people... gets me out of my comfort zone.

Yeah... Hopefully, we order a dyno in the next couple of weeks. So many choices and opinions out there ands hard to make a decision. :smashpc: haha

·
TRX450r.org Sponsor
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The dyno comparison link provided is obviously biased, so take that into consideration when reading that info.[/b]

Don't worry I've taken that into consideration... But a company can only go so far if it wasn't the truth without being in some type of legal trouble.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
I've been on superflo and dyno jet dynos , and if it wasnt for the superflo being owned by morgan and crew, id probally only stick to a dyno jet, not that there better or worse just seems like they don't have as many user inputs, and probally the most popular on the boards, for ur own tuning any dyno would work cause ud see ur true gains , but for some1 looking for a dyno to tune on , they might steer clear if it isn't a dyno jet,

Just my opinion

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I've been on superflo and dyno jet dynos , and if it wasnt for the superflo being owned by morgan and crew, id probally only stick to a dyno jet, not that there better or worse just seems like they don't have as many user inputs, and probally the most popular on the boards, for ur own tuning any dyno would work cause ud see ur true gains , but for some1 looking for a dyno to tune on , they might steer clear if it isn't a dyno jet,

Just my opinion[/b]
i agree

·
Premium Member
2,258 Posts
one word = INTEGRITY!

It is not the dyno's fault that the user messed with the settings.

The dyno operator has to have integrity! I would use any type of dyno as long as the dyno operator had integrity!

·
Registered
898 Posts
one word = INTEGRITY!

It is not the dyno's fault that the user messed with the settings.

The dyno operator has to have integrity! I would use any type of dyno as long as the dyno operator had integrity![/b]

Absolutely Dave..... Very interesting point!

Easier said than done for some customers to be cognizant of the dyno operators 'character' if the customer isn't aware of the business practices used to leverage customers prior to testing...

Integrity should be the least common demoninator for all dyno operators, but we've seen in some cases its more the exception than the rule...

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
that is true aswell chino, but my reference was too the 1ST time dyno user that has never been to that peticular shop, and they ask what dyno is a good one and a lot of people will say don't use anything but a dyno jet,so I think of it as getting a new customer that might not know the shop and always heard storys about other dynos

1 - 17 of 17 Posts