Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is one , has anyone used them or know a different manfacturer? Any draw backs to them?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I have the Terry Cable one and use it for desert racing. It works awesome, I use the twist in the long straight stuff and the thumb in the tight stuff and woops.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I want one..doesnt seem TOO expensive either. Havent heard anything about them but Id be worried aobut the locking mechanism that keeps 1 from moving while the other is being used from going out over time.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I leave it unlocked. Then I can switch anytime I want without having to worry about the locking pin.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I leave it unlocked. Then I can switch anytime I want without having to worry about the locking pin.[/b]
I want to order one or my son, but I have a question. Do you buy grips for a bike or an ATV?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I leave it unlocked. Then I can switch anytime I want without having to worry about the locking pin.[/b]
I want to order one or my son, but I have a question. Do you buy grips for a bike or an ATV?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would think you would order for a Twist throttle so it would be a bike.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I know the Terry Cable one I have to use Bike grips.

·
Registered
106 Posts
hey i am thinking about getting one and i have a twist on my quad now, its great for the duns and larger tracks but when it comes to the whoops and tight turns i miss the thumb, so it is worth it or should i just get a thumb and change them when i got to the dunes it only takes like 5 min to change, thanks for the input

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I used one recently for an endurance race and the thumb was noticeably stiffer than stock. That being said, if I was a casual rider I'd have probably enjoyed using the twist on some long rides. For racing I'll stick with thumb though. I've been doing it long enough that my thumb is pretty much indestructible!

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
It definately depends on what type of riding you are doing. If you are doing MX and tight trails, thumb only. If you are doing desert racing, this thing is a life saver. When I get in the long straights, I use the twist and give the thumb a break. When I get in the tight stuff, back to the thumb, and its rested.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Terry cable here as well. I love the thing. I found myself switching quite often too between the two. As for grips... I use OURY, check em out, they're SOFT and fairly cheap. I get the ATV Oury grips though and just punch a hole on the end (like with a pen or screwdriver) and blow air into them to get it over the twist throttle. Its easy to stretch out to get it started too.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the input guys I want to get one of these and your replys help.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I tried one for a while and I couldn't get used to the twist throttle. it's sitting in my toolbox right now.

pm me if you're interested, it the black anodized Terry Cable

1 - 15 of 15 Posts