yes you can you just have to measure them VERY VERY care fully

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you drill yamaha rims to fit a honda? If so how does it work[/b]
[/b]

Well..I found a good deal on some tires/rims but the bolt pattern isnt for honda..So how would I go about measuring them....And would it effect the strength of the wheel enough to make it weak on jumps or anything? I never do anything extreme but just incase

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
[/b]

Well..I found a good deal on some tires/rims but the bolt pattern isnt for honda..So how would I go about measuring them....And would it effect the strength of the wheel enough to make it weak on jumps or anything? I never do anything extreme but just incase
[/b]
no it won't make it any weaker, but i guess you just need to take off your honda back tires and make sure the rims are perfectly lined up ( the hole on the middle of the rim) and make a mark with a drill bit or sharpie or something like that.....so stack the two rims on top of each other the hold one on top make sure it's lined up, and just make the mark from your hole on the honda one on to the yamaha of what ever wheel they arm my rims are drilled for both honda yamaha .... and the holes are considerably larger than the stud but it makes no matter if there tight enough

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE(r450er @ Jul 23 2008, 08:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=534682
<div class='quotemain'>Can you drill yamaha rims to fit a honda? If so how does it work[/b]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
no it won't make it any weaker, but i guess you just need to take off your honda back tires and make sure the rims are perfectly lined up ( the hole on the middle of the rim) and make a mark with a drill bit or sharpie or something like that.....so stack the two rims on top of each other the hold one on top make sure it's lined up, and just make the mark from your hole on the honda one on to the yamaha of what ever wheel they arm my rims are drilled for both honda yamaha .... and the holes are considerably larger than the stud but it makes no matter if there tight enough
[/b][/quote]

Sweet sounds like a good way to do it, Thanks!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
QUOTE(h0nda450mainiac @ Jul 23 2008, 09:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=534685
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

no problem ..if you ride red your cool in my book

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE(r450er @ Jul 23 2008, 09:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=534688
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>Can you drill yamaha rims to fit a honda? If so how does it work[/b]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Ride red and steal the blue's wheels :harhar:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
QUOTE(h0nda450mainiac @ Jul 23 2008, 09:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=534702
<div class='quotemain'>
QUOTE(h0nda450mainiac @ Jul 23 2008, 09:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=534685
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

ahahah exactly what i did ... every one in my family rides blue accept me funny thing is i've never had anything go wrong with mine and mines the fastest ...!!!!!!! lol

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE(r450er @ Jul 23 2008, 09:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=534703
<div class='quotemain'>
QUOTE(r450er @ Jul 23 2008, 09:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=534688
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

ahahah exactly what i did ... every one in my family rides blue accept me funny thing is i've never had anything go wrong with mine and mines the fastest ...!!!!!!! lol
[/b][/quote]

Well seeing as my bikes only 3-4 weeks old I really cant say anything about "Honda Reliability" yet but I hope it shows its colors over time :unworthy:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
QUOTE(h0nda450mainiac @ Jul 23 2008, 09:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=534706
<div class='quotemain'>
QUOTE(h0nda450mainiac @ Jul 23 2008, 09:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=534702
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

it will i had a 400ex for 9 years NEVER had anything go wrong with it and rode the wheels off it.
had the 450 for 2 years nothing wrong accept clutch is slipping a little

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Well seeing as my bikes only 3-4 weeks old I really cant say anything about "Honda Reliability" yet but I hope it shows its colors over time :unworthy:
[/b][/quote]

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hm just glanced at it..but does it like print out the hole locations for each bolt pattern on a paper? .If so could u take that ..tape it to the wheel and drill? Your method seems better..But i think imma try what mechanic said first..I think it would work nicely..If i have troubles I'll definatly give that site a try..thats pretty neat thanks.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Hm just glanced at it..but does it like print out the hole locations for each bolt pattern on a paper? .If so could u take that ..tape it to the wheel and drill? Your method seems better..But i think imma try what mechanic said first..I think it would work nicely..If i have troubles I'll definatly give that site a try..thats pretty neat thanks.[/b]
Yes, when you print it, it prints exactly the size of the wheel pattern you choose. Works perfectly.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hm just glanced at it..but does it like print out the hole locations for each bolt pattern on a paper? .If so could u take that ..tape it to the wheel and drill? Your method seems better..But i think imma try what mechanic said first..I think it would work nicely..If i have troubles I'll definatly give that site a try..thats pretty neat thanks.[/b]
Yes, when you print it, it prints exactly the size of the wheel pattern you choose. Works perfectly.
[/b]
Yeah, Only thing im worried about is when I go to drill if the paper or ..in your case steel template moves or something..I guess if im careful and tape it down good..it wouldnt be too bad..But i wouldnt know where to line up the hole etc. Rear 450rs are 4/144 right?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

i say go with buellers way less work and takes the guessing out of it.!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

[/b]

Well..you'd still have to line up the paper correctly ..or the wheel would be wobbly..I think lol.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

[/b]

Well..you'd still have to line up the paper correctly ..or the wheel would be wobbly..I think lol.
[/b]
lol quit procrastinating and do it lol

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
QUOTE(r450er @ Jul 24 2008, 12:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=534770
<div class='quotemain'>Hm just glanced at it..but does it like print out the hole locations for each bolt pattern on a paper? .If so could u take that ..tape it to the wheel and drill? Your method seems better..But i think imma try what mechanic said first..I think it would work nicely..If i have troubles I'll definatly give that site a try..thats pretty neat thanks.[/b]

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Lol its midnight and im not picking the tires/wheels up till like friday. So i have a few days to procrastinate!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
QUOTE(h0nda450mainiac @ Jul 24 2008, 12:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=534774
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Lol its midnight and im not picking the tires/wheels up till like friday. So i have a few days to procrastinate!
[/b][/quote]

well i printed out like 5 of hose sheets and i've been drilling out all my knobbies i have stored away cus i'm so dam bored

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
QUOTE(r450er @ Jul 24 2008, 12:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=534775
<div class='quotemain'>
QUOTE(r450er @ Jul 24 2008, 12:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=534770
<div class='quotemain'>Hm just glanced at it..but does it like print out the hole locations for each bolt pattern on a paper? .If so could u take that ..tape it to the wheel and drill? Your method seems better..But i think imma try what mechanic said first..I think it would work nicely..If i have troubles I'll definatly give that site a try..thats pretty neat thanks.[/b]

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

well i printed out like 5 of hose sheets and i've been drilling out all my knobbies i have stored away cus i'm so dam bored
[/b][/quote]

..I bet there all wobbly :sweatingbullets:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts