Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the drag races monday night and took a few pics and raced, here are some pics

These R's were sweet, the one on the far right should have won the 4 stroke open class, but got second due to a error with the tree. the one one the right had the sparks cam, exhaust, jet kit and air filter, 13:5to1 piston and the sparks flywheel kit. it was sickeningly fast. The one on the far left has the same stuff the one on the right had except for the hrc cam instead. Yes, the one with the sparks seemed to be the fastest and seemed to powerbrake with less throttle than the hrc equipt. the one in the center was stock and has won the stock class a few times already this year

here are a couple of pics of one bad 250r, this quad won its class tonight. look at that big ESR header

here is a pic of the 250r that beat me in pratice. the quad only weights 208lbs and has tons of engine work that he was not discussing with anyone, its a custom built chromemoly frame

this 250x won its class also, its the same guy with the red 250r, donnie's his name

sick banshees

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is my friend Kasey on his LT250r next to my R

a dale for the cannondale fans

some random stuff

heres a couple pics of the little guys, the blurring is why I didn't bother taking pics of the big guys :D

the yellow one one its class 110 cc's, it looked pretty fast

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The races were alot of fun, the R with the sparks cam beat me, kenda claws are not the best tires to flat drag with lol. I did manage to beat a couple of built 400's, I believe one of them was a sparks built 468.
I was a little slow off the lights from being rusty and was spinning quite a bit to boot. not to mention i weighed at least a hundred pounds more than anyone else I raced at 270lbs. :(

·
Registered
733 Posts
thanx for those pics lukester. makes me wana spend mo money. :D

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean Reddog, I've already been looking at new parts. :lol:

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
thanks for the pics luke.... :D Did you happen to catch any of the times? and speed? Where they running the 1/8 mile or the 1/4?...thanks

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, it was only 170 feet. Its kinda cool the way the flat drags are around here, there always at a different place every week or two because they go with the fairs.Some of these tracks are short and some of the are 300ft, you just never know how you want your gearing until you get there. There is one place about 45 minutes from here that has flat drags every saturday night, dirt track.

I didn't get pics of everything but there were some other bad quads there too, they usually keep them in the trailer until the unlimited begins. I talking nitrous, cut gears, wheelie bars, instrument panels on the handlebars, 2 steps, everything.
the blaster with the yzf 600 motor was there, there was a quad with a 750 h2 motor there, banshees built as big as they come, there was even a 1000 there but i don't remember what it was out of. All the street bike motors are maxed out too, high comp pistons, race cams, headwork, ignition systems, its crazy!

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Where was all that at....????

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lawrenceburg Speedway in Lawrenceburg Indiana, This is the same track that Jeff Gordon used to race when he was a youngster before nascar. I will try to put up an indiana schedule if I can.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Couldn't put the schedule up, this boy got 3rd in his class.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
I sat in Jeff Gordans seat in 11th grade U.S. History......... this one teacher was so perticular and strict that he had the same desks that he started with in 1967 at my high school and i sat in the same one that Jeff did....... :D ...... Jeff still wont claim his town...... <_<

was it just hard pack dirt or was it a mix between hard pack and asphalt..???

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All dirt, they watered it down about every 4 classes.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
And the Flat track tires hooked up the best ?????? :huh:

I would be out ther with some MX holeshots or Razrs... thats what i would think would hook up the best???? But then again i dont run that stuff and wouldnt have a clue..... :wacko:

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was running Kenda Klaws and they were spinning like no other. Hoosier flat track tires are the way to go for this hard packed dirt, klaws or holeshots if it were a muddy mess.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There were a couple yfz's but the couldn't hang with the 450rs that were there. The one had sparks exhaust, cam mod, jet kit, and prodesign filter kit, and some dirt in his face! He did beat a couple of 400ex's though, a 416 and a 440.

·
Registered
810 Posts
How did the guys running the pro wedge/4snow tires compare with the ones running the flat track tires? It's starting to catch on around here and I need to get some rear tires.
My buddy has been putting on some mud drags and just purchased a race america timing system. It was quite pricy, but since he has the tree/system ,this fall when we take out our crops we'll probly have some drags on our bean fields too. It'll be a good way for us to get some cheap pratice.............

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by tuffguy@Jul 7 2004, 07:45 PM
How did the guys running the pro wedge/4snow tires compare with the ones running the flat track tires? It's starting to catch on around here and I need to get some rear tires.
My buddy has been putting on some mud drags and just purchased a race america timing system. It was quite pricy, but since he has the tree/system ,this fall when we take out our crops we'll probly have some drags on our bean fields too. It'll be a good way for us to get some cheap pratice.............
The flat track tires are the way to go on this track, it is a smooth hard pack strip. The 4snow tires didn't really look like they were getting all the power to the ground but look like they would have done awesome in a drag that had a little mud or soft ground.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
went to the flat drags thursday night and a 450r won the unlimited class! It beat several fast quads including a blaster with a yzf 600 motor on it and a lt500!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720@Jul 10 2004, 12:51 AM
went to the flat drags thursday night and a 450r won the unlimited class! It beat several fast quads including a blaster with a yzf 600 motor on it and a lt500!
I have taken the r to one flat drag on dirt and it dominated in the open class witch is the same as the unlimited class anything runs in it. Mine is just straight off the show room floor nothing done to it but give it pure He.. every single day and it loves every minute of it.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
flat drags are a blast, hopefully i will do another one next week.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts