Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly can you remove to lower the weight on the 450rs? The only things I can think of right now is bumper, nerfs, heel gaurds, front breaks, and since mine is a ER, get the kick start kit and take off the battery.

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
what "can't" you remove is more of the question IMO

headlight, tailight, radiator fan, race cut wireing harness, key, handlebar switches, front fenders, rear fenders, airbox, front hubs( use spindle mounted wheels), all little plastic and rubber pieces you dont need, radiator gaurds, all the tabs on the frame you dont need, battery box (since you can remove the battery) park brake

remember you said drag and these thing can be remove safely without worring if your ONLY dragging

this is just a few things you didnt mention and things that you dont have to replace with lighter parts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

headlight, tailight, radiator fan, race cut wireing harness, key, handlebar switches, front fenders, rear fenders, airbox, front hubs( use spindle mounted wheels), all little plastic and rubber pieces you dont need, radiator gaurds, all the tabs on the frame you dont need, battery box (since you can remove the battery) park brake

remember you said drag and these thing can be remove safely without worring if your ONLY dragging

this is just a few things you didnt mention and things that you dont have to replace with lighter parts[/b]
Yes I realize I said drag heh. And damn thats ALOT more that is pretty obvious but i totally forgot. Radiator Fan? Im kinda worried about that one, I mean around here when we drag the bike usually doesnt cut off for atleast 30+ minutes and thats nonstop hard dragging, wouldnt the bike have a chance of overheating? And anyone know a site that sells spindle mounted wheels? I was looking for some but couldnt find any for quads. And by removing key, How would you start it..or would it like always be on.

·
Registered
71 Posts

this is just a few things you didnt mention and things that you dont have to replace with lighter parts[/b]
Yes I realize I said drag heh. And damn thats ALOT more that is pretty obvious but i totally forgot. Radiator Fan? Im kinda worried about that one, I mean around here when we drag the bike usually doesnt cut off for atleast 30+ minutes and thats nonstop hard dragging, wouldnt the bike have a chance of overheating? And anyone know a site that sells spindle mounted wheels? I was looking for some but couldnt find any for quads. And by removing key, How would you start it..or would it like always be on.
[/b]
Sandtoyz unlimited sells spindle mounts.....and all your other drag racing needs...such as marvin shaws,drag axels,drag cut wheels and more.
it is spelled with the Z.
Check it out,good place to deal with!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts