Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am new to the site due to the fact i just picked up on a brand new 2004 450r. The question i have for you is my buddy just put a new full exhaust on his quad and he has both the Dr.D and Hmf ballance slip ons. He is willing to give me one of them and i was just wondering which one the majority of you guys would go for... my 450 is bone stock just finished breaking it in ha. prob will end up putting a hrc kit or maybe a stage 2 HC in it but thats about all. All info would be much appreciated thanks Don

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
between them 2 specially just being slip ons, it would be completely up to you, pick the one u like the best looks wise, and dont do the hrc kit on ur 04 the only thing u need is the camshaft, and instead buy a hotcams 2 like u said, then remove the airbox lid or cut it and buy the HRC jet kit like 30bucks, and u should be good for a while then the power craze will get too ya

Good luck and welcome to the site!

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
hmf, hot cam 2

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
HMF and HRC cam :yes ...but only if you want the more powerful setup :thumbup:

·
TRX450r.org Sponsor
1,517 Posts
HMF
HCII[/b]

hmf, hot cam 2[/b]

HMF and HRC cam :yes ...but only if you want the more powerful setup :thumbup:[/b]

HMF + HOTCAM 2 + UNCORKING YOUR R ON A BUDGET :thumbsup:[/b]

Wow, a lot of HMF fans :unworthy:
HCII w/HMF Full System will cost $545.00

I've always liked Dubach Racing exhaust for some reason i'm not saying HMF exhaust is bad because I had one mounted up to my R1 a year ago.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
HMF
HCII[/b]

hmf, hot cam 2[/b]

HMF and HRC cam :yes ...but only if you want the more powerful setup :thumbup:[/b]

I've always liked Dubach Racing exhaust for some reason i'm not saying HMF exhaust is bad because I had one mounted up to my R1 a year ago.
[/b]
thats right baby, get with it lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow kinda one sided here... didnt realize there were quite a few hmf slip ons.. whats the difference between them and what would be a good choice for aggresive trial / drag racing

·
Registered
762 Posts
HMF
HCII[/b]

hmf, hot cam 2[/b]

[/b]
not really a fan but out of the 2 options i think is the better one.

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
skip the slip on and save up for the full pipe. you'll end up getting one anyways and you might as well not have to buy parts twice. the full pipe will give an honest gain from bottom to top, where the slip on is still hindered by the header pipe and the gains won't be fully there like with a full system. look for used pipes, any of them will outperform and slip on.

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
HMF
HCII[/b]

hmf, hot cam 2[/b]

[/b]
not really a fan but out of the 2 options i think is the better one.
[/b]
Very informative post... :slap: :dunno:

·
Registered
360 Posts
I had a Dubach slip-on on my '05 and really liked it. Great quality, fit, finish, and sound. However, I wouldn't just do a slip-on but a full exhaust instead because that is where you will get more power (or change the power delivery).

I currently have a Dubach full system on my CRF250 and absolutely love it. It gave the bike better throttle response, hit harder off the bottom, and rev out faster. Those are the traits you will typically get from one of his pipes. They are very popular in the 2-wheel world.

Dubach tunes his exhaust with the intention of "seat of the pants" power versus dyno numbers. If I didn't run the HRC pipe on my '07 TRX, I would have a Dubach on it.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
If you take the time to read the post more thoroughly...you will see that a buddy of his is offering to give him one or the other....a full system would be ideal,but a FREE slip on sounds like a heck of a deal to me. :thumbup:

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have the DR.D slip on & Hotcams stage 2.Very happy with this set up!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts