Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont tell me to search!!!! Several people on here have given good reviews to both. My questions are: Is the Dr. D a better pipe for the money as a slip on or should I get the HMF full system?

My future plans are the FST kit, Sparks cam, oversized valves, flow work, and FCR carb. I ride mainly in the sand so please keep that in mind when replying.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok guys i went with the Dr.D, so now tell me what to expect. I know a few of you are using this slip on. Will I need to rejet from stock? Nothing else has been done to my motor YET!

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by Speedbump@Sep 9 2004, 09:29 PM
Dont tell me to search!!!! Several people on here have given good reviews to both. My questions are: Is the Dr. D a better pipe for the money as a slip on or should I get the HMF full system?

My future plans are the FST kit, Sparks cam, oversized valves, flow work, and FCR carb. I ride mainly in the sand so please keep that in mind when replying.
From what I've been told, get the Dr. D. It suppose to put some HP's!! :D

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I have the sparks cam with the Dr. D exhaust and I love the combo. The cam provides some bottom alot of mid, and alot of top. The Dr. D slip on helps with the bottom even more, and also has very good top. So with this set up you get tons of bottom, mid and top. Im hopping that Doug Dubach comes out with a head pipe soon. With Sparks cam I think a head pipe will help mid and top even more, yet still have alot of bottom. With the stock cam, it seems to be better to keep the stock head pipe with this exhaust. But with the sparks cam there may be some room for improvement on top, while still maintaning tons of bottom. You dont have to rejet with just the slip on. But if you plan on modifying the air box at all, then you will have to rejet. I recommed a 185 main, 50 pilot, and a HRC or Sparks racing needle. Also a Sparks racing air filter. This is with no air box at sea level....I hope this helps...later. B)

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Also if you have the money to port the head that will help the cam and give more power especially in the top end! B)

BTW Lude, I just got those iRazor's and they look awesome. I will let you know how they work!!

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Rico'450R@Sep 10 2004, 07:13 PM
Also if you have the money to port the head that will help the cam and give more power especially in the top end!  B)

BTW Lude, I just got those iRazor's and they look awesome. I will let you know how they work!!
cool thanks....can you post a pic with them on?....later. B)

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude+Sep 10 2004, 07:19 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Rico'450R
@Sep 10 2004, 07:13 PM
Also if you have the money to port the head that will help the cam and give more power especially in the top end!  B)

cool thanks....can you post a pic with them on?....later. B) [/b]
Yes I can!! I just bought a digital camera and I will take some pictures for you and put them up next week. Of course I will have to read this thousand page book they gave me with it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts