Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just ordered my DR.D slipon from Parts Direct. I figured $211 can't be beat but, I will warn anyone who is thinking of going the same route that this is aparently the non-spark arrested version. I had to order the spark arrestor/quiet core for an additional $35 which still didn't make sense since the pipe is said to be sold SA or non SA with the only option being the quiet core. The sales guy said "there has been some confusion on this lately, and that the SA comes with the quiet core" so I guess we will see what I get. I do like the idea of having the quiet core since sound is an issue where I ride even though I didn't really concider it at first.

I'll let you guys know what I end up with when this thing gets here. It better be right or I'll be kicking myself in the but and wishing I would have ordered it from Brian at WPP! :(

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I ordered mine from WPP racing.....I got a heck of a deal on mine...the only thing it came with was the spark arrestor....I dont have a quiet core....and I dont need one.

You will love this pipe man...very awsome....I love it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a couple of small areas that I ride which are pretty close to some housing, so it will be nice to keep it a little on the quite side. Yes, spark arrestor is a must too, so if they send me a race pipe, a quite core and no SA, I'm going to be ringing their phone and speaking very unpleasantly.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found this nifty article about Doug and his operation:

DR.D article

Pretty cool! B)

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by 4TRAXEX@Sep 15 2004, 02:34 PM
Found this nifty article about Doug and his operation:

DR.D article

Pretty cool! B)
good aritcle....nice find.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's your take on the top end dez? :D

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I got mine from parts directs ebay store and only paid 177.
Glad I went through ebay, and glad to hear all yhe great feedback about this pipe.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Speedbump@Sep 15 2004, 04:49 PM
I got mine from parts directs ebay store and only paid 177.
  Glad I went through ebay, and glad to hear all yhe great feedback about this pipe.
So, did you get yours yet? Sparky or not? Just curious to know which one you end up with.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Mine should be here in 3 days. I looked at the auction and it doesnt say sparky or q core included so I doubt they'll be included

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let me know how you make out when it arrives. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, here's what I got from Parts Direct. Seems they still don't know what they are selling even after you specifically ask them on the phone. Just for anyone else who may be interested, the SPARK ARRESTED version is what they sell. Seems I could have saved $35 since I only ordered the quiet core due to the fact that the sales dude said that's how you get the sparky.

Hell, thay have it on Ebay again for $175 which is a complete killer bargain. I watched to see if they would put one on Ebay for a couple of days then gave up and ordered mine. Go Figure. :wacko:

Oh, and don't expect free shipping. They tack on a $12 "handling charge". Either way the price is better than most places and I can't wait to install this thing!

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by desert_450r@Sep 15 2004, 03:43 PM
Lude,

Have you been able to ride it enough to feel the top end? --- Has it gained or lost up top compared to the HRC cap or can you not tell ? --- Just curious to hear how your coming along with it ... Thx
yeah, this pipe gained everywhere....the most gain is deffinatly right off bottom....but mid and top pull alot harder then the HRC end cap did.......I like it alot, and I love the way it sounds. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, the sound! I managed to get this thing on in like 5 minutes and crank it up in the garage. That was a bit of a mistake. Needless to say it has a nice tight throaty idle that gives no advance notice to the hell that it unleashes when you crack the throttle!
Now if I didn't have to work all weekend I would at least be able to throw on my HRC airbox parts, jet kit and Sparks filter and see what she has. This is going to be a LONG weekend. :(

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Uh, do a little search and you will see what desert450r has to say about each of these. He has tested both. :D

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I got mine yesterday, finally. Partsdirect is a bit slow on shipping. Install is a cinch, but curious if I should have used a type of anti sieze? Definitely sounds good. Now I need a cam and airbox eliminator kit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can anyone give me the contact info for parts direct? I cannot find them on the web or on Ebay. I would really like to check out their ebay store.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by Fatboy@Sep 24 2004, 03:41 PM
Anybody tested the Dr.D and the Chm? Which is better?
Dr.D is for the stock header and the CHM is for a bigger exhaust or basically top end. Did anyone know that Dr.D use to work for Pro Circuit?

The Pro Circuit is almost exactly like the DR.D? My buddy put my Ti-4 titanium slip-on his HRC 450R and what a difference it made,,,,,,,,, power at the bottom and all the way through!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts