Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that the 450R's use a lot of oil while breaking in is this true? Any other things yall could share about the 450R i would be very appreciative. THANKS

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have seen a lot of posts of people saying that it does. mine didn't use much at all though. Also for a lot of your other questions just look through a bunch of the old posts. There is a lot of good info in here!

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Welcome to the site!! You will love it here B)

There are a few bolts you may want to take out and lock tite. I haven't had a problem with these yet, but most people have so they can tell you what should be tightened. However, before you take the bolts out to lock tite, use the old saying don't fix it unless its broken!! I would constantly check if they are loose at all, and if not, DO NOT LOOSEN THEM! Hey, if they aren't gonna come out, why mess with them and possibly cause it to happen?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
you may probably already know this but dont hold in the gas when you start it .it could crack the case (correct me if im wrong it could be something else).

and welcome to the site everyone here is awsome . its the best site ever!!........................................... I think :D :lol: j/k

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Jumbo747@Jul 12 2004, 06:16 PM
mine used oil while breaking in but stopped doing that now
mine had never burnt oil...not even during break in.

·
Registered
263 Posts
me too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts