Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 3 project bikes to rebuild in my spare time and one of them came with after market A-arms(dont know what brand), revalved shocks (dont know by who) and a gt rear link. Theres no part # it just says GT. if it's for xc I wanna keep it but if it's for mx I dont. How can I tell which one I have?

·
Truck Yea
5,457 Posts
The XC will have a larger curve to it, the MX is flatter. Even so you can use the XC no issue with the right valved shock. Generally speaking they SHOULD have a part number on it somewhere unless someone ground it off.

hess makes the links now that GT thunder closed.

·
Truck Yea
5,457 Posts
looks like a XC link with how curved it is. my MX linkage isnt nearly as pronounced with the curve

Reactions: El Mamito USMC

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its **** getting the chain tight. Cause I litterlly have it with zero deflection and when I sit on the seat the chains so loose you can pull it off the rear sprocket. The shocks have hyperco coils on them and the rear coil seemed a little to short cause at zero preload the spring doesnt have any resistance to hold the 2 little keepers in place.

·
Truck Yea
5,457 Posts
Sounds to me like the shock is incorrectly setup, too light of a spring. Id call hess and see if they can assist you maybe. IDK if the old GT thunder site will be any help, I recall they had the proper spring setup info on there

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Some people would run the mx link in xc, just kinda depended on their set up. Tighten the keepers down on the spring, at least til they are touching it but not more than 2-3 turns of preload. The gt revalves used a shorter spring then the stock one on the shocks I had from them. Are your chain and sprockets in good shape? If they are it sounds like you have the wrong weight spring as it should not be sagging that much from you sitting on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts