Honda TRX 450R banner

Does 06-08 need the radiator fins?

1011 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Tattoodwhitrash
I want to trim my plastics some more and doing so I wanna remove these plastic fins in front of the radiator. I only ride dunes but I DO ride and ride for an hour or 2 at times so I need my cooling to stay good. Are these fins necessary to maintain prop er cooling?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
i think you would be ok, run a fan and good coolant. id just be concerned with the fenders loose?
i think you would be ok, run a fan and good coolant. id just be concerned with the fenders loose?[/b]
That's what I was thinking. The bottom of the shrouds attach to those fins, so they'll flop around without the fins on.
i removed those fins off my bike. yes the fenders are held inplace by them but only in the bottom.

rode it at the choppy dunes of pismo like that. all ok.
I am actually considering cutting that bottom part of the fenders off so I wont have the mounting issue. Thats the reason I would remove the fins...They would look funky without the fenders covering them up.
Nor Cal dyed his black or gray color looked pretty good and hid them some as well.
like this??
``````
while youre inthere paint the radiator black
like this
``````
hahaha
Ya i dyed my fins also and you dont even see them anymore but Im lookin to cut my fenders even more for a drag/hill shooter look. My bike is a wide duner with wide arms and axle but I like the bare bones plastics look.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.