Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well yesterday i had a can of clear coat spray paint. i sparyed my carbon fiber hood. i was told it made it shinner and it did. then i was thinking why not spary my plastics. they made them almost like new. the big sracths they didnt take out but all the little ones. it bought all the shin back from when they were new. they look soo good. it was just a can of spary paint.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i need to take some more it turned out so nice. i tryed somethign werid and turned out amazing. i sparyed this clear coat with these flaks in it. made it have a camelion i cant spell look to it. ill take some pics later

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
yea i need to take some more it turned out so nice. i tryed somethign werid and turned out amazing. i sparyed this clear coat with these flaks in it. made it have a camelion i cant spell look to it. ill take some pics later[/b]

right on

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Yeah, I hate how my tank came out after just a few rides..its sooo scratched up and ugly..but my white plastics you cant see any scratches on em unless your actually looking for them.

·
450R Rider
1,148 Posts
I bet it looks good now but doubt the clear coat will hold up, its spray paint that has nothing to bond to so the first time you wash/ ride its gonna peel right off and look like poo again.

I took an old set of black and tried sanding them and melt them with a heat gun... It came out pretty good. I think I may try it on my tank and see how that looks. Any of it is a band aid for the real problem...Black plastics are high maintenance but look fuggen sweet.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I bet it looks good now but doubt the clear coat will hold up, its spray paint that has nothing to bond to so the first time you wash/ ride its gonna peel right off and look like poo again.

I took an old set of black and tried sanding them and melt them with a heat gun... It came out pretty good. I think I may try it on my tank and see how that looks. Any of it is a band aid for the real problem...Black plastics are high maintenance but look fuggen sweet.[/b]
Anyone ever used that polish renew stuff they sell on rocky mountain for plastics?

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
the only thing that can help is getting some spray polish from honda or yamaha in the aeresol cans. basically the only thing that will help keep the shine and take away some of the little scratches. then if you want, put some wax over that. can even get some car polish, non abrasive type.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you buy ADHESION PROMOTER it wil act like a primer for the plastics and hold.. that is what they spray on urethane bumpers before paint(and yes its clear so u spray it and paint over it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts