Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K i need some help guys, first of all i dont need much specs on the hmf i have found most of that, also i found out the yoshi comes with a spark arrestor, now i was wondering if anyone noes if the DMC alien comes with a spark arrestor, and wat the db ratings are for the yosh and the dmc. Also, i found out the average gains are 7.5% for the yosh, wich is approc how many hp?? also does anyone no the gains of the alien. Also for the yosh and dmc, wheres does the power come in... bottom mid or top, thanks in advace for the replies, im just not sure wich pipe to get. By the way this is all for the 450r,

Thanks Ryan

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
well one thing I know is that all most all the yoshi's are loud. B) and ive heard that the dmc's are loud too.and in db levels they are about 96 to anywhere around 103. they will probably give you about 5 or 6 more horses( I said probably so correct me if im wrong lol). the power for the yoshi comes in all around.its a great pipe . I dont know much about the dmc but I heard they are good. but to be honest I would get the hmf . they seem to be one of the best pipes out for the bike . plus you can get a discount from Schmitthead B)

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have the yoshi on my bike and also had one on my previous Z400 and I wouldn't say it's loud. I was just riding today with some people(400ex-pro-circuit,400exmegamax, raptor-yoshi,350x-dg) and a couple had commented saying they thought it was kinda mello.
If someone thinks the yoshi is too loud for their tastes you can simply purchase a TEC end cap kit and bring the sound down to near stock levels(I ran the bigger of the 2 in my z and it seemed pretty quiet).
Also I have seen quite afew yoshi's at silverlake that didn't have the tec end cap and didn't have any problems. If you're not familiar with silverlake sand dunes they are very picky with their sound regs. The limit is 94 decibels and have been told + or - 4 is all the le-way they give you if you're checked.

·
Registered
20 Posts
HEY TUFFGUY!!!

That just felt good! :D

Seriously, you're Yoshi pipe is it the Ti series or stainless? I think Yoshi's the one i'm getting. Good output, and fit/finish?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
well the yoshi isnt that loud but its definetly in the middle :D

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i have around a month to think about it lol, i gotta save up the cash first.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Mines a stainless tri-oval. The fit and finish is typical yoshi....great...... The full pipe also comes with it's own heat shield. As far as power it seemed to make good all-round power to me. If I had to do it all over again I'd still have searched out this same pipe.

·
Registered
430 Posts
i got the yoshi slip-on pipe on my 450r. It has a nice throaty sound. Im not sure, but i heard that it gains 4hp at low-end, 4hp at mid-range, and 2hp at top end power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts